Local Fuzz dealer?

Timex

GAS time.Again....... :p

Well it that time of the month. I am looking for a Big Muff Pi fuzz but no one seems to be selling on Luther's.I've also been to Yamaha at Plaza Singapura but they only have a double muff on sale in the show case.

Any one knows where i can get it first/second hand?

the Wake Me Up store at margaret drive might have them. check their website. i know Edwin the "stompbox customiser/maker" there brings them in.

man thats like a million miles from where i stay. thanks for the tip. will try there if cannot find the stuff at wake me up music.

I think u can ask the staff at PS Yamaha..Beez is a friendly guy..they were probably out of stock when u were there

there is, very confirmed, at least one Big Muff Pi at wake me up. why don't drop by on sunday evening, i'm jamming there hehe :p

there's also some other happening fuzz boxes there, worth checking out. they've got a locally-made custom-order fuzz that you can try, it is totally wikkid. its called the Goosonique Pixie. there's some other fuzzes also, there's the Pedalworx Bender-Over-Under which produces some extremely sick fuzz tones... and I can't remember if there's any more.

have u checked out the Wake-Me-Up website? i know they do "make" a-so-called boutique overdrive pedal. suppose to sound better than the Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive. i have not tried them yet though. and the "stompbox maker/expert", Edwin, is a very nice guy.
there's also some other happening fuzz boxes there, worth checking out. they've got a locally-made custom-order fuzz that you can try, it is totally wikkid. its called the Goosonique Pixie. there's some other fuzzes also, there's the Pedalworx Bender-Over-Under which produces some extremely sick fuzz tones... and I can't remember if there's any more.
hmmmm... the new custom-order Fuzz pedal must be a new one... i must check it out too. now i regret selling my Original J Dunlop Fuzz-Face! got it like ages ago from Yamaha at Plaza Singapura.

Ok thanks. i asked because i saw(from their website) that they sell second hand stuff there.Wonder if they offer good rates for my second hand effects?

hahahahahha! the rates will be almost the same as other 2nd hand vendors... but they have a nice selection of 2nd hand guitars the last time i was there. nice prices too...

yup, yamaha has dealership for EH. so does mrmisse i think.

anyways, i've tried the WMUM OD quite a few times... must say that its not bad, but not extremely remarkable either. its definitely a good OD, way better than your BOSS pedals for sure, but its just missing a certain something or other. But its a good pedal, esp since its edwin's first try at making an OD. its not going to replace my sparkle drive, but it might just replace one of my TS-9s. there's a long waiting queue for it though... good luck.

the Goosonique Pixie is a new pedal, made by another local newbie pedal maker. its really quite fantastic, huge fuzz sounds and weird harmonic loveliness. no stock available, other than the testing unit, its custom-made on a per-order basis.

echoist> i wouldn't cry over the JD Fuzz Face... its not that fantastic, compared to the original arbiters - no germanium diodes and the like. there are other better fuzzface remakes/copies apparently... but i'm not a fuzzface fan so im not in a good position to comment. i did want to get one back in the day as well... lucky i didnt keke :p

2nd hand rates - definitely equivalent to any 2nd hand dealer. The shop still needs to pay the rent though, so don't expect to be quoted the same price for what you'd get if you advertised on luther. Also, the shop may not offer a good price, and may not take in, pedals that are hard to move. if you're having difficulty selling your pedals, its likely that you won't get a good offer from the shop. If you want to try your luck, leave the pedals at the shop with you contact details, and the boss will get back to you with an offer, if he's interested in what you want to sell.

echoist said:
have u checked out the Wake-Me-Up website? i know they do "make" a-so-called boutique overdrive pedal. suppose to sound better than the Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive. i have not tried them yet though. and the "stompbox maker/expert", Edwin, is a very nice guy.

Heh thanks for your comment... This is Edwin. :D Have we met?

Actually, when you say "make" I'm sure you mean make. I'm involved from the start to the end of making the pedal. Designing, drilling, painting, silkscreening, soldering, pcb, everything that is on that pedal is done by me and just me alone. There's a long queue for it, export and local and I'm taking things slow, building enough and having a life as well. Too much stress and solder fumes is bad for health.

Cheers!

Ah seng, I like the way they added the open-and-close quote thing. "stompbox maker/expert". Hahaha...

btw, milkmesto, Goose has been around for some time. Definitely, not a newbie. His stompboxes... goot stuff, cannot bluff...

oh yeah... "...." macam Dr. Evil... hahahaa...

anyway milkmesto probably knows Goose longer than you lah... he can be considered "newbie" in terms of the "xxx" amount of time he had "release" his mangosteen.

"thanks"

:lol:

edder said:
Heh thanks for your comment... This is Edwin. :D Have we met?

Actually, when you say "make" I'm sure you mean make. I'm involved from the start to the end of making the pedal. Designing, drilling, painting, silkscreening, soldering, pcb, everything that is on that pedal is done by me and just me alone. There's a long queue for it, export and local and I'm taking things slow, building enough and having a life as well. Too much stress and solder fumes is bad for health.

Cheers!
oohhhh... that's u rupanya...

hahahahahhha! yes, we've met! maybe u've forgotten me! remember the 6-string bass u bought? we were looking for ur strings. ok, one more thing, i'm really into KL metal/grind/punk/mash-up band Infectious Maggots, and also the Pilgrims, Carburator Dung and Budak Tepi Pantai... anw, i'm not at "that place" anymore.

and yes, when i mean "make" i meant u "make-it-all" (that open-and-close quote again!! hahahahahha!) i know u buat tu benda satu-persatu. anw, u're a nice dude, so got to give a shout-out to u...

edder said:
oh yeah... "...." macam Dr. Evil... hahahaa...

anyway milkmesto probably knows Goose longer than you lah... he can be considered "newbie" in terms of the "xxx" amount of time he had "release" his mangosteen.

"thanks"

:lol:

Go and do your homework lah!!!

Back