KORG pandora mini

shinobi

PandoraMini_black_MAIN_634302588366670000.png

www.korg.com/pandoramini

i'm clearing all my amp stuff and going into a pure headphone setup... at least until i can find a way to get my hands on the new ampegs.

i've owned the PX4D before. this one supposedly has bass patches? the PX4D had some bass settings but very basic. description gives me the impression that there's more.

the USB interface quite interesting, if i'm not mistaken it can be used as a recording interface right? PX5 had USB support but i never used that before

OKDISCUSS

through headphones- the tones could have been better. the upper frequencies sound very raspy this way. however, through this combination, it sounds much more appealing: CLICK

wow nice manual there, thank goodness i can read :p unfortunately unlike the line 6 m-series documentation there is no explanation of the patches, just the patch name and the control parameters, so i wouldnt know the difference between RANDOM1 and RANDOM2. i'm sure most of the patches would probably be carried over from previous models but i wouldn't want to do an actual cross reference of manuals, and i don't even own the px4 anymore, which would be the only reference i'd have. and even if i can get accurate descriptions i'd still like to know how the actual performance fares.

so... while i have yet to go down and try it for myself just wondering if anyone has an opinion

as for the px4, i was quite underwhelmed by the effects, didn't have enough for bass, and even then the performance didn't really blow me away. the pull factors of a new pandora for me would be the metronome, aux input, recording features are nice, usb interface (if any), and MAYBE the pitch shifting of the aux input. 3.5mm phones jack would be a big plus because plug-in adaptors tend to suck and i don't own a pair of studio monitoring or DJ cans that have threaded plugs.

OR MAYBE i should settle for an amplug lol

Or like me, use the Tascam MP-BT1. Didnt use any of the built-in patches/effects, am using it strictly to slow down songs (and loop it) to learn them. And also use the bass-cut to remove the bass from mp3 to do my own practice runs. Also most importantly, to transpose the mp3 to a different key our band uses.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply alan. Do u know of any any retailers that provides after sales service? The guys on talkbass seem to have some problems with the GB10. I've mailed expandore and ene but now replies as of yet. Does the older model has the function of removing the bassline so I can jam with tracks?

I'm looking for a headphone practice set up. Any other input will be nice. From the Pandora manual all I could get is that it transposes songs. But it's kinda about it already right? Of course with the metronome, tuner and drum tracks. It's quite a tempting proposition too.

No experience with GB-10 thus I cant comment. Reading the manual, seems like GB10 lacked the bass canceller.

Tascam has a local distributor (Broadcast Professional), I brought my MP-BT1 there for repair (the switch got jammed). Thus there's no issue with after sales service.
http://www.broadcastpro.com.sg/

I was refering to GT-R1 as the replacement product
http://tascam.com/product/gt-r1/

The GT-R1 has Bass and Guitar canceller.

Last edited:
Back