Intro: Piano_Ex

piano_ex

Hey there! ...

newbie here ....

I'm actually a pianist ... classical pianist ... diploma level ..
studying in NAFA ... taking Music ... piano performance ...
now in my last year ....

been thinking about going over to contemporary and jazz for long
but only last year i decide that i'll be serious about it ....

am playing in church band for 3 years .....
and now start to play gigs as well ...

mostly familiar with KORG ..... and a KORG user ... =P
using my friend's Triton .... expecting to buy one for myself ...
have KORG X50 ... (handy and light ... easy to bring for jamming session =P )

hehehe ... hoping to have a great time here ....
and I find the people here are nice and friendly! ...
and very informative also ...

u guys rocks!!! =)

hehehe =).....

if u ask about my qualification that I have it'll be grade 7 ABRSM! hahaha ... but that's because i never took the exam already .... hahaha that certification is way back in 2002 ... =P

my diploma is actually Diploma in Music, majoring in Piano performance ... in Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts ...

if u ask about Trinity or ABRSM .... my level would be around LTCL going to FTCL ...
cuz the thing that I play is either around that level or above that ..... =) and i was actually planning to take either LTCL or FTCL before .... depends whether they will let me do FTCL without taking LTCL or not ... hehehe =P

i'm newbie here maah =) ... see my post? so little ... hehehe ...
and only recently I decided to cross over .... last time my dream is to become a famous classical pianist ..... but i start to realize that i enjoy performing in gigs and show better than performing classical works .... so stress sia that one .... then one man show somemore .... lolx ..... very serious ..... dead serious ... =P

Yeah....classical pianist performer no joke man!!!! One mistake you make during performance you better pray to God that your audience never noticed it!!!! :lol:

It's good that you once had a dream to become a famous classical pianist and just know that stress is just part and parcel of the entire package to success but just don't take it overboard that's all....

It's great to see another classical pianist around on SOFT.

So who's your favourite classical composer? :lol:

hahaha .. yea man =) ..

i mean ... i perform quite a lot nowadays ... but it's still tiring ....
i could really think about a lot of things while performing ...

who is sitting there ...
are they listening?
i'm hungry ....
i want to eat pizza ....
damn ... i missed that part .... (where actually i've gone to other part already)
more more!!! more intimate!!!
PASSIONATE!!

lolx ... and many more thingy ... =P

my favourite!?!?! ... Liszt of course ... hahaha =)
playing his Mephisto Waltz no 1 now ....
ah .. I like Bach a lot also .... =P .......... and Debussy is among my fave =)

how bout u?? =)

Haha....you have the same taste as me. Liszt all the way man!!!! The Totentanz (Dance of Death) Opera piece was the first Liszt piece I heard and I've got hooked to him ever since! In fact he's my most favourite composer. The heavy metal rock star of the romantic era indeed. :D

But I still not at that level to play Liszt pieces yet. I'm working on Chopin's pieces now. Learning the "Military" Polonaise in A Major now. Loads of chord transitions involved in that piece man!!!! It's tough but when you actually sweat it all out to play a piece which requires a certain level of technicality , you will then feel a sense of accomplishment.

Oh not to mention Paganini as well....

very true man =)

hahaha .... i don't really work on chopin already ....

last time i played his etudes ..... but then .... my teacher currently doesn't really go for chopin ... so here I am ... not playing chopin .. after some years =)

hu is so daring as Liszt to claim he can play anything, and make the transcription of ALL beethoven symphony and symbolically say .. "i can play it alone!" ... lolx!

I admire him for his flamboyant stage antics when playing which I would say seperates him from other pianists during his time. It helped him to create his own unique identity. Oh yeah....he plays so fiercely and violently with such god like technicality that the strings of the piano would usually burst and after his performance the ladies would scramble on stage and fight with each other on who is going to have those broken strings!

One might say that his composed pieces are just merely for showmanship and nothing to study and analyse about but perhaps he was the first pianist/composer to develop the "arm technique" and all sorts of "weird" but effective hand and fingers positions when playing. Haha....Maksim is the reincarnation of Franz Liszt!

Omgggggggggg he's (Liszt) too god like lah......

woahh..hahas.i only piano grade 8.classical piano too.i chose not to continue to diploma cuz there is a lack of time and passion to practise..cuz it's very busy in sec2 already and it's gonna get more hectic by each year..so.i kind of totally dropped piano.

hahah ... not only broken string u know!!

ladies will go after him .. try to cut his hair ..... try to get anything .... looks like today's groupies..... =P he was the rock star at that time ...

i'm agree with all those but 1 ...

Maksim is definitely not reincarnation of Liszt ...

=) ... hehehe

if u are in classical music society for long enough (immersed) ... u will know that there are really a lot of better pianist than Maksim ...

anyway ... all the thing that Maksim play, it's not that difficult .... i could play at least .... =)

but ... he got style and looks lar ... so all the girls idolized him ... mwahahaa =)

Actually I was referring more to Maksim's rock star image and his charisma on stage as what Liszt would have done in the Romantic Era.

Anyways Maksim was the one that inspired me to take up the piano and so as such you can say I'm quite new to the classical scene. Only started playing at secondary 4 and I'm in poly year 2 now.

Now you can see why I tend to associate Liszt with Maksim.... :D

hahaha ... ic ic =)

the charisma and effects .... would be quite the same ... =P hahaha

check out this player ...

Horowitz (legend)
Marc Andre Hamelin
Nicolai Lugansky
Martha Argerich

and many more actually .... they're great ... u can youtube them .. =P

I remember seeing this pianist "shredding" to Mozart's Turkish March and I was like...."Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....... 8O "

I forgot his name but I saw it on youtube.

Back