Ibanez 2003- your comments/ expectations...

subversion

Greetings friends
icon_cool.gif

how many of us here look forward to the new, revised 2003 ibanez?

if you get ticked off easily by an entry level ibanez before then here´s good news: the repulsive trs trems have been phased out. the replacements are the new Edge Pro 2 bridge. it´s a revised floating trem with a reputation of the previous Edge series bridge- playable, reliable.

next up is the Edge Pro trem- the replacement for the previous Lo-pro Edge trem. what´s the fuss you ask? well, you now need not cut the ball end of your strings to accomodate these trems, so that´s good news indeed for us who love the floating trems but can´t get along with re-stringing the darn thing
icon_razz.gif
high end ibanez like the JEMs & JS series now sport these trems...

also the RG5XX series ibanez are now strictly Prestige models. gonna get the 1550 myself...

cheers
icon_smile.gif

Read a little on the Ibanez 2003 lineup and there´s a lot of mention of the three new trem bridges. On top of the 2 EdgePro trems you´ve mentioned, there´s also a new ´Zero Resistance´ trem, which is based on a new pivoting concept using ball bearings. It also features a tremsetter. The ZR will most likely be featured on some of the new S series.

The bad news is that all the new trems will not fit into the trem cavities of older models with Lo-pro Edge and Edge trems without routing. Plus, the knife edge (pickup side) of the base plate will have a different radius. =(

Oh, and the RG3120 will be discontinued (luckily thing you did buy). Seems like it´s really a disappointment. LOL...
icon_lol.gif
It´ll be replaced by the RGT3020 (neck-thru?).

i was reading up quite a bit about the ZR trem you mentioned before posting it here, looks like you beat me to it
icon_biggrin.gif

it´s already featuring in the Prestige S series, looks innovative but visually overwhelming... pundits have warned me that it´s a different feel from the previous lo-pro edge. the reason why endorsers who had lo-pro previously in their ibanez, opted for the Edge Pro. eg: Steve Vai´s JEM models.

about the Edge Pro not fitting into the previous lo-pro cavity- i thought it´s more of a marketing strategy that anything
icon_razz.gif
they would want you to buy the new range of guitars rather than have a replacement Edge Pro in your old ibanez... i´d be checking out the RG1550 myself, would acquire it if it sounds good & plays well. it´s a good time to invest in a maple fretboard ibanez...

or the Jackson RR5 might just beat this 1550 in finding a new home here in my room
icon_lol.gif

hello forum-mates
icon_cool.gif

if you don´t already know, some new ibanezs have made their way to the Swee Lee showroom. i´ve personally tried some models today.

i must say that the new Edge Pro trem are beyond you cynics´ expectations. it works well, if not better than its predeccessors, the Lo-pro edge. the overall finish & construction is also quite impressive, especially the neck.

also impressive are the Artcore series of semi-hallow guitars. it´s made in China hence the low asking price but the construction is flawless. i would personally audition these again
icon_smile.gif

Attachments

• haveyouhertz20190526.jpg
    haveyouhertz20190526.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 596
Hi people!

When the MMM1 model comes into Singapore, do let me know ya? And let me know your views bout it? It´s a neck-tru / mahogany body design. Natural finish. =)

ThX!

Attachments

• MateusAsato_2019.jpg
    MateusAsato_2019.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 9,285
i´ve been enquiring about this model with Swee Lee. it´s the first shipment of the new 2003 ibanez, this consignment consisted of only a few Artcore models & RGs.

the MMM looks inviting. if it plays well, it´ll be the only baritone guitar i´ll own- after being disappointed with the unavailability of what i want: RG 7421 XL...

Attachments

• PHOTO-2019-07-16-22-22-52.jpg
    PHOTO-2019-07-16-22-22-52.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 10,795
bro... i´m too busy to go down there... but what the asking price for the art core? thanks man!

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

On 2003-03-15 22:37, subversion wrote:

hello forum-mates
icon_cool.gif

also impressive are the Artcore series of semi-hallow guitars. it´s made in China hence the low asking price but the construction is flawless. i would personally audition these again
icon_smile.gif

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Attachments

• anadigi_quick_mix.jpg
    anadigi_quick_mix.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 182
Edder my man- Artcore (all models) guitars list for $600 pre-GST & discts of course... i´m particularly attracted to this particular Talman shaped, gold top finished model... plays well & an absolute ringer...

Attachments

• power_gig.jpg
    power_gig.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 58
thanks man! hmm... with that list.... a nice semi hollow will come to SGD500... that is if you get a 20%! cool!

Talman? you sure??? where where? HOW MUCH??? Just got one used and i´m VERY happy with it. Its my main guitar now!

icon_biggrin.gif

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

On 2003-03-19 10:26, subversion wrote:

Edder my man- Artcore (all models) guitars list for $600 pre-GST & discts of course... i´m particularly attracted to this particular Talman shaped, gold top finished model... plays well & an absolute ringer...

Attachments

• Another Life album art.jpg
    Another Life album art.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Imp_Act.jpg
    Imp_Act.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 115
ahhh.... this one rite?

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/guitar/artcore/pages/tm71.html

Looks a bit ugly on the website..... but if its shaped exactly like the original solidbody talman....... *ouch* do I need another guitar??????????????
icon_confused.gif

just called swee lee, its 480 after discount. Pretty reasonable price!

should i.... should i not........... should i..... should i not............

oh... did a search and some better pics...

http://www.massstreetmusic.com/catalog/show_indv.cgi?item=01327&img=1

http://www.massstreetmusic.com/catalog/show_indv.cgi?item=01327&img=2

On 2003-03-21 07:17, subversion wrote:

it´s one of the Artcores, it´s talman shaped & sounds reasonably good.
icon_cool.gif

<font size=-1>[ Edited by edder On Date _MONTHDATETIME ]</font>

Attachments

• mfac2020_02.jpg
    mfac2020_02.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 616
  • mfac2020.jpg
    mfac2020.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 207
it´s not exactly talman shaped- the lower bout cutaway on the solid body version isn´t that scooped. but it sure is a value-for-$$$ guitar. at $480, it´s a steal...

IMO the maple components of this guitar play an important part in producing that warm tone.

do you need another guitar? i always ask this to myself & ended up buying another...
icon_lol.gif

Attachments

• jamulus_download_01.jpg
    jamulus_download_01.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,603
  • jamulus_connect_01.jpg
    jamulus_connect_01.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,374
  • jamulus_server_01.jpg
    jamulus_server_01.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,375
yah... it looks a bit odd compared to the solid body talman.... arrrggghhh.... too many guitars and here i am lusting for one more!
icon_mad.gif
icon_frown.gif
icon_confused.gif

Attachments

• tonehouse_podcasts.jpg
    tonehouse_podcasts.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 163
the same goes for me- hopefully my jackson will be in by Sept... will be broke after that...
icon_lol.gif

Attachments

• edwin_tong_scape_music_day_out.jpg
    edwin_tong_scape_music_day_out.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 445
its official!

I´M MEGA f#$KING BROKE!

its a very nice guitar and paid less than 500 for the guitar, warwick rockbag and a set of stainless steel strings.

Excellent value... but you gotta get used to the shape!

damn you subversion..... damn you!!!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Attachments

• baybeats2021.jpg
    baybeats2021.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 473

On 2003-03-22 17:30, subversion wrote:

the same goes for me- hopefully my jackson will be in by Sept... will be broke after that...
icon_lol.gif

What´s up?

Dun worry...u can always sell off some of your guitars
icon_biggrin.gif

Will be willing to buy...at a VERY cheap price of course
icon_razz.gif

-Beast

congrats edder on your new baby...
icon_biggrin.gif
i´d be re-auditioning one of the artcores myself...

beast: if i fall in love with any of the artcores in time to come, i´ll be selling one of these babies off... i think...
icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ Edited by subversion On Date _MONTHDATETIME ]</font>

uh huhurrrr uh huhrrrrr.... *beavis and butthead lah!*

with the stock pickups it already sounded very nice... the clean tone is nice.
icon_smile.gif

but... had a pair of Cream Bill Lawrence L495 on hand.... couldn´t resist but to swap it in.... its a humbucker sized P90/

oooohhhhh....... now the baby sings! clarity and punch both clean and dirty....

I´m a happy camper!

On 2003-03-23 20:49, subversion wrote:

congrats edder on your new baby...
icon_biggrin.gif
i´d be re-auditioning one of the artcores myself...

beast: if i fall in love with any of the artcores in time to come, i´ll be selling one of these babies off... i think...
icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ Edited by subversion On Date _MONTHDATETIME ]</font>

i really thought those pickups are very good too for the asking $$$. i´ve tried an epi semi once & the pickups were a ´no´ from the start...
icon_cool.gif

What´s up?

I´ve always wanted to get a Gibson ES series guitar but too ex...howz the Artcore compared to the Gibson ES series?

-Beast

Back