How much does it cost to soundproof a room?

Jugman

hey guys. i'm just wondering. how much does it cost to soundproof a decent bedroom? i'm just asking cos i'm thinking of getting a kit when i have the money but soundproofing is a more important priority.

VERY VERY EXPENSIVE.

Get an electronic kit instead :) it really irritates people :/ theres a drummer who lives above me. No sound proof, no mute pads. And he plays really loud and hits really hard, all out kind..

Last edited:
damn. thats inconsiderate. haha i don't really wanna get an electronic kit cos i don't like the sound it makes. very artificial. and the feeling of playing it is very different from acoustic kit. also cannot get many toms and cymbals, i.e. can't modify. i'd hate that.

anyway, how's may? hahaha

Haven't talked to her lately, never come online one :/
and im still in the midst of exams.. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

knn who else is ex fuhua here in soft?better own up before someone gets hurt(grimriffer)

bro I know that for soundproofing the very cheapest u cant get for good standard soundproofing is about 2k-3k, which is actually not too bad. Thats the cheapest that i personally know. The alternative is to get the most high end electronic kits. One HUGE advantage is the recording facilities, SO MUCH EASIER!! but ass expensive. minimum 6 or 7k. I heard the TD-20 is 8k plus. haha

haha cars are oh so expensive nowadays. i just wanna get a decent Lancer and get on with my life.

it'd be more convinient if there was a drum hero.then easier can thrash on the plastic drum kit.

try jamming studio methods. place sponge and egg carton around your room. it would decrease the volume made. and just shut your window when playing, no one really cares, and of course play at the right time.

Back