Help On choosing my first ever electric guitar

ExplicitGuy

hi im new here(using my bro's account)

ok well im thinking of getting my first ever electric guitar..
i got no ideas on what guitar should i choose
what is on my mind now is
-epiphone
-fender
-gibson
-burny
-yamaha
-ibanez
-schecter

i play afew punk,rock,metal,screamo genre...what guitar should i get?i just played with my classical guitar like for 1 year and decided to move on to the next step

my budget is around 1k
guitar+amp+anything else(if possible)

Last edited:
hello there! with a 1k budget, i doubt you can get anything gibson/fender, unless you're willing to get a secondhand one, or compromise a good beginner's amp, like a roland 15x, the ibanez entry level guitars are worth a look if you're into shredding and stuff, and love the 24 frets, however, you shouldn't go by brand only! The sound from the guitar has to be pleasing to your ears and fit your preference!

hi im new here(using my bro's account)

ok well im thinking of getting my first ever electric guitar..
i got no ideas on what guitar should i choose
what is on my mind now is
-epiphone
-fender
-gibson
-burny
-yamaha
-ibanez
-schecter

i play afew punk,rock,metal,screamo genre...what guitar should i get?i just played with my classical guitar like for 1 year and decided to move on to the next step

my budget is around 1k
guitar+amp+anything else(if possible)

Or probably a Epiphone. It looks like Gibson except it is not a Gibson. LOL. You get a Epiphone then get Roland Amp. And of coz there will be some balance which u can use it to get a distortion AND delay pedal.

seriously don't limit yourself to brands. go check out diff brands. For example a Rally LP cost two times less than an epi (however i still went for the epi lol =D)

Hmm, well, again, I'll state my reconmendations

It depends on what you intend to use the guitar for. Depending on the genre of music you're playing, the type of guitar you want also differs greatly. Eventually, so does the amp

If you're not confirmed on the type of genre you want to play, and looking for a pretty versatile guitar that can put its foot into roughly everything, then I'll reconmend:

Squier California Series Stratocaster

Why this particular series? For less than $300 you can get a pretty decent guitar. It has two single coils, and an humbucker. So if you want the clean classic Strat sound, just switch to activate the single coils. If you want something harder to play Metal/Hard Rock/Distortion/etc, pull it all the way back to the humbucker and let the guitar roar.
With this set up, its a pretty versatile guitar already
It also comes with a Basswood body on most models, although some may still be using Agathis. If you have one with a Basswood body, you got a pretty good guitar. Basswood is a cheap, yet excellent wood for the body. A lot of guitarists tend to use Basswood for their signature guitars.
Also, its a Squier. Squier makes cheaper versions of Fender guitars, and it is like what Epiphone is to Gibson. Thus, you're ensured a good quality guitar for the price that you're paying.
Also, the stock pick-ups have the Fender logo imprinted on it. Ensures that you got a good pick-up, as it came from the Fender factory.

By Left, and Novelty Music at Parklane sells this guitar for less than $300

If you're looking for an amp, try a Roland Cube. Its a good amp, relatively smaller than most other combo amps, and its much more cheaper at Swee Lee. Comes with a lot of different set-ups, so you can emulate sounds. Also has its own basic effects and a tuner that works pretty well already.

I think rally guitar are very good your budget. guitar ~ 400, amp ~350. You still left with another $250 for other things like pedal or case.

Guitar wise, go to shops and try it out to see which one that you feels is most comfortable when you are playing it and sounds good to you. Amp wise, i would recommend a Roland Cube. It has onboard effects so you wouldnt have to buy stompboxes.

Guitar wise, go to shops and try it out to see which one that you feels is most comfortable when you are playing it and sounds good to you.

+1. Don't mind the brands of guitars. Get what is comfortable to you.

For amps, I recommend the Ibanez TBX series. Great on-board distortion.

hmm the line 6 spider sounds good ok i'll think about it though as for guitar im not quite sure yet but maybe i'll go for a rally or an epiphone and a no for ibanez coz im not really into shredding;metal thingy

actually im quite a beginner, and i've got a 15watts line6 spider 3 from city music recently.. read reviews that its kinda a "beginner" amp and stuff. sound gets muddy when turned on too loud etc..

but here's my honest opinion. if you're just a "bedroom player" or a beginner like me (haha), i think the line6 is pretty good, considering firstly the price factor (its relatively cheap!).. and that it has quite a few functions/effects in it. this means you wont have to purchase extra effects pedal and whatnot.. which essentially costs at least another $100+....

also, about the sound getting too muddy when its turned on too loud.. i dont think that will ever happen in my case lah, since i dont gig and i just play in my room. so yeah, its really worth it with the price factor and stuff put into consideration.

just my 2cents.

How much is the line 6 spider 3?(the cheapest) and does the cheapset one have all or most of the artist preset,7 must have effets and the song based preset?

Last edited:
Back