Heaven and Hell - Official Soft Review

satch

Heaven and Hell live at Fort Canning Park, 27th october 2007, Singapore

[ Check out the pix here ]

Fresh from the aftermath of symphonic destruction led by thrash metal titans Megadeth, Singapore was set for a consecutive night of heavy metal as Heaven and Hell took to the stage at Fort Canning Park.

I must commend that Heaven and Hell is the first band that I have seen in Singapore that actually bothered to have a stage prop set up. The castle wall backdrop and spiked gates give that added ambient that I feel many bands never really bothered about in the Singapore leg of their tours.

The band came up at about 8:35 pm to the welcome of a sea of devil horn signs made famous by frontman Ronnie James Dio. Kicking start the concert with instrumental E5150 and then leading into The Mob Rules, the entire venue was a sea of fists and devil horns punching the sky and shouts of the chorus lines flew right back at Dio.

Even in the Singapore heat, guitarist Tony Iommi was decked in his leather coat and blasted through riffs and solos while bassist Geezer Butler helmed the rhythm section tight with his lines. Both showing no signs of the fact that they were already in their golden years.

The band then moved on with their first song written together as a band, Children of the Sea and followed quickly into I, a song from the dehumanizer album. Midway through the set saw drummer Vinnie Appice doing a drum solo which then went into Computer God which Dio described as a song being about the world being taken over by computers one day, which made me and my friends ponder if he actually knew how to use one. (just a joke, please do not impale me dio fans!)

I found this insanely funny and quite an annoyance as somewhere during the third quarter of the show, there were these two girls dancing near the sound booth. When I say dancing, I meant that they were dancing like they would in a club or a strip bar. But I must say that the girls trying hard to be sensual while syncing themselves with the band did incite quite a few laughs from those around the area.

Closing the show with an extended version of Heaven and Hell, Dio was solid as ever with his outstanding charisma and powerful voice which even turned into the voice of the devil when the stage lights dimmed leaving him in an eerier red glow during the third verse of the song.

Coming back up with an encore song of Neon Knights to roars raging throughout the entire venue, Heaven and Hell is truly a testament of the phrase Rock Never Dies.

Setlist

E5150
The Mob Rules
Children of the Sea
I
The Sign of the Southern Cross
Voodoo
Drum solo
Computer God
Falling off the Edge of the World
Die Young
Heaven and Hell

Encore

Neon Knights

Last edited:
and here's my take for the whole concert;

87951464.jpg

87951466.jpg

87951473.jpg

87951476.jpg

Best thing to happen to me in quite a while! (cant rmb the last best thing actually).:D

Julian r u like the official photograpger or something? How u manage to go onstage? (taking the pic of the crowd )

heres a little preview before i post the rest tonight...

Tony Smiled For Me
DSC_7751.jpg

But I Love DIO!
DSC_7732.jpg

DSC_7941.jpg

DSC_7948.jpg

Oh no, I see myself in the photo... ><;;

My friends are in there too~! Yay~! \m/

Thanks a lot for the awesome photos~ So priceless~!! \m/

Last edited:
Wo.. The crowded is great man ! more than megadeth.. after end of the show me and my frd was waiting for them at bhind.. when they came out i heard some1 said "Iommi !! can i shake your hand !!" and Iommi said "no" and walk away.. haha

Back