guitar stores in melbourne

bin4christ

i'll be studying here in melbourne for the next 3 yrs. anyone knows any guitar stores here? i've only been to cranbourne. n r there pawn/ 2nd hand shops (eg cash converters???) here in melb?

well it really depends what you're after...

besides cranbourne music, there is allan's and for acoustics there is the acoustic centre...

there is a famous 2nd hand music shop near carlton but its name escapes me for now.... its quite an overpriced place, but you can get some old amps there for cheap...

ebay there would unearth you some gems :)

but for a lot of stuff tho, joel68 is right... prices there are high, but i would like to add that the range of stuff that you could get there is probably wider than singapore too...

cash converters is ok--- but prices arent that great... you should check the local ads or ebay (although im not sure about the whole paypal thing now)

hope that helps

thanks for the heads up :) im off to melbourne for a couple of years in jan 09. looking forward to checking out the local music scene over there.

allan's music, billy hyde, and my favourite in particular: mannys (www.mannys.com.au)

There are plenty of misc instrument shops you may encounter in your (many) years there - if you have the time be sure to always check them out, there are times when the prices can really drop. (ie. Billy Hyde likes to hold some sort of stock clearance sale sometimes - there are people who willingly camp early in the morning just to snatch the limited goods at really crazy prices! I think a mate picked up some Marshall 100w amp that I really can't remember the model no. of, brand new for <AU250)

The second hand place in Carlton is called the "music swapshop". They often have some pretty nice vintage synth gear there. They sell on consignment so the prices are set buy the seller not the store. You have to visit often to get the bargains.

Another good place is the guitar emporium in south melbourne. They have some crazy Italian guitars with too many switches.

Allans
Billy Hydes
Deluxe Guitars
Acoustic Center (acoustic wet dream..i played a santa cruz OM, a 9 series taylor, guilds, low-high end larrives, great martins..matons, cole clarks, you name it..they've got it...
music swop shop is a great place too..although prices aren't that good...but if you need to sell off anything, do let them know..

and of course...I've got my own little webstore too...

I'm the official distributor for ScratchPads and Lava Cables here

but if you ever go to Sydney...man..the shops on parramatta road are damn cool lah...

Robin

Gonna check out the stores in Melbourne when I head up.

PS: Allans Music is kinda like the Swee Lee of Australia.

Back