Guitar Intonation and Technology

we are only constraint by what we think is right and perfect without going much into the wrong side and making the wrong work for us to make wrong become the norm and right being turn to wrong so that we can go all over again to normalise wrong as norm

ohmmmmmmho
2049 - 2006

Fact of the matter is...

Guitarists, being who they are, are used to the flawed intonation of the guitar.

Try playing with a concert classical player. He will be tearing his hair out over the guitar...

We're just used to it... compromise if you want, try to correct it if you want...

*shrugs* Music has been made with out of tune stuff before... great music. But there's nothing wrong with trying to be in tune.

Its exactly as how pathein put it... guitarists have been putting what's wrong as the norm. Its a fact.

finally an article that will stop me tearing my hair outta my head

my acoustic is impossible to tune, with all the above normal problems, and 33 years of fret-wear.....

so lets all tune to EEEEEE on the instrument and call it the norm! We define what is perfect, be the master of our instrument instead of the guitar taking over us!

Repeat after me, E.E.E.E.E.E!

PatheinRaindropMoe said:
so lets all tune to EEEEEE on the instrument and call it the norm! We define what is perfect, be the master of our instrument instead of the guitar taking over us!

Repeat after me, E.E.E.E.E.E!

But whats the point if your E is still not in tune? 8O

ShredCow said:
Try playing with a concert classical player. He will be tearing his hair out over the guitar...

how many time a year do you play in front of a concert of classical players or a 20-piece big band, so that you have to worry about it?

Perfectly in tune notes can be played on guitar.

Ask Duane
DA59LP.jpeg

hehe, the point of having all 6 in E and if not in tune, but still having all strings across as E in unison, the pain of hearing only 2 strings in E in the usual tuning is cut down by a lot.

1 wrong is wrong, 2 wrongs is still wrong, but 6 wrongs will make 1 right at least, due to the normalising effect!

love peace yakult

Impromptu said:
ShredCow said:

how many time a year do you play in front of a concert of classical players or a 20-piece big band, so that you have to worry about it?

Only had to bother about that when in MDC. :lol: But even playing with keyboards will showcase the guitar's intonation flaws.

That's not the point. Point is just being in tune, if you want to and the problem that a lay guitarist will face - that most guitarist are just used to out-of-tuneness so it doesnt' bother them.

Again, you can make music if its out of tune, if its tune, you still can...

theblueark said:
ShredCow said:
theblueark said:
Depends also ba, if you bend everything, or live in dissonance..
Sometimes also it's interesting to hear something 'wrong' and put it into the context of the song. Only the western scale has 11 notes after all.

Depends, depends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On5aF3S7--M

8O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOACv67hkj8

8)

And i thought the Final Countdown Countdown Countdown was BAD!!!

:lol:

Back