Gear photos 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet finish on your R9 too tongski!

Ricfreak, haha yeah i follow you on tumblr! seen all the pics! great photography and gear, you never fail to make me GAS!

So when is your turn to post your MFC-101? Haha

"Pickup Rings - DMC aged m69 reproduction" - super expensive plastic ware!! But the most period correct pale color. Nice mod!

hahaha. yes it was expensive. but well worth it.
lucky i got one of the last stocks from crazy parts germany. i heard that DMC will soon be only available in Japan.

Dezng, should be within this week.. tracking says its in hong kong now so it *should* arrive by tomorrow!

Hi Bros.. first of all, I'd like to wish all of u a Happy New year. May 2012 bring much happiness and success in ur lives.
I'll do a little sharing on my current gears n setup for 2012. Just took a few shots, hope u guys enjoy the pics. Thanx. :)

axeofsteel6.jpg

axeofsteel5.jpg

axeofsteel8.jpg

axeofsteel7.jpg

axeofsteel9.jpg

axeofsteel10.jpg

axeofsteel4.jpg

axeofsteel3.jpg

AxeofSteel1.jpg

A whole new year.. a whole lotta' rockin'...
Stay heavy and keep it true! \m/

Last edited:
Hi Bros.. first of all, I'd like to wish all of u a Happy New year. May 2012 bring much happiness and success in ur lives.
I'll do a little sharing on my current gears n setup for 2012. Just took a few shots, hope u guys enjoy the pics. Thanx. :)! \m/

Bro- Ibanez fan?

You gotta love the Cioks DC10. Best power supply I've had experience with so far! Well, here's my current existing gear before the end of 2011.

GibsonLP.jpg

This is a Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus I bought from fellow Softie ep.tjan at the end of 2008....still feeling and sounding great. I always had playability problems with LPs (not the guitar's fault but mine. :p ) but not this one. Thanks buddy!

RG550a.jpg

I bought this from a friend of another close friend, fellow Softie jalanampas. A 1991 RG550...all stock, no mods. I love the feel of it and I always have a soft spot for early RG550s. I put it up for sale because I feel like I don't give it enough attention. But if no one buys it, then it's a sign that I should keep it and give it some love....like Sustainiac in the neck, new hardware, new pickguard...

By the way, does anyone know what Schaller bridge is compatible with the Ibanez original Edge bridge on the RG550? Something that does not require me to rerout the cavity...

Been playing them through this amp...

Tweaker.jpg

The Egnater Tweaker is just everything I need in an amp. I need not fret about the kind of sound I want...with a few flicks of the switch, I can make it sound like a Marshall, Vox or a Fender! Granted, it isn't perfect...but it's good enough for me. Even has an FX loop! Yay! By the way, ignore the Vox AC30CC1 in the background of the LP picture...no longer there. :)

And now...new gear for the new year!

1997AVRI62Strat.jpg

I had been cursing myself for selling off my very first MIA Stratocaster, which was a 1998 American Vintage '62 Reissue. I loved that guitar, but for some stupid reason I can't remember now, I sold it off. Since then, I had been going through strat after strat trying to find one that I could really connect. And finally, I found it. This is a Collector's Edition 1997 American Vintage '62 Reissue. Only 1997 pcs were made and I managed to procure this, thanks to David and the good people of Ebenex. It wasn't the collectible value that interested me, it was more of the fact that it was a pre-2000 made AVRI '62! Been loving this!

JS1200.jpg

This was something I've been dying to get for the longest time, but somehow I never did. But the Swee Lee sale a couple of weeks ago presented me with this opportunity! An Ibanez JS1200, which I feel is more playable than the Jem7dbk that I used to own...it's probably because of my small hands and short fingers. Can feeling like Joe Satriani!...if only I can play that well.

And my pedalboard for the new year took me a long while to assemble, but finally, it is done. I had some really specific selections, and I tried very hard not to be swayed and stay focused on what I really want.

pedalboard-1.jpg

The signal path is as follows: guitar -> Area 51 Wah -> TC Polytune -> Mad Prof Forest Green Compressor -> Boss Harmonist -> Paul Cochrane Tim -> Toneczar Openhaus -> Boss FV-500L -> front of amp. In the FX loop, I have: TC Nova Modulator -> Strymon Timeline -> Strymon Blue Sky Reverberator.

Some of you guys may remember that in the early part of 2011, I had actually gone through what I call the Great Gear Purge of 2011. That was because I wanted to raise funds and diminish my financial liabilities so that MCYS will not use that as a reason why my wife and I cannot adopt our baby girl. So after selling most of my stuff, except for the Gibson LP, and after our adoption process was approved, I started to regain back my gear, only this time I took my time to be really sure what I really want. And now, a year later....I AM BACK!

Ok...I'm very sorry for going off-tangent and a very long-winded post. Just wanted to start the year with optimism! :D

Great looking 62 strat! Always loved the 60s strat apart from modern ones. I doubt the Schaller bridge will fit in the Edge cavity, there's quite a bit of info about this on the net, remember reading it somewhere before.

Godspeed64 said:
After 2.5 years my board FINALLY underwent some changes.
pb221210.jpg

In 2010:
I changed my Fuel Tank Jr to a Cioks Shizophrenic.
Elite Tone Fuzz Monster retired.
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory newly purchased.
Pro Co Rat acquired again, last time it was on my board was 2008.

I hope 2011 will hold LESS changes.

LOL FAIL.
Started 2011 Gear photos thread on that note, ended it on this:
pedalboard030112.jpg

New:
Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-200
Morley Mini Wah/Volume
Boss CS-2 Compressor (MIJ)
Boss PS-6 Harmonist
T-Rex Engineering Mudhoney II
Retro Sonic Boost
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 Verbzilla

Under the hood:
CIOKS DC10
Korg SDD-3000 preamp clone

Discarded from 2010:
Morley Pro Series II Wah
ProCo Vintage Rat (big box reissue)
Ibanez FL-301dx Flanger
DOD DFX91 Digital Delay/Sampler
Korg Pitchblack
CIOKS Schizophrenic

Oh wow I seriously went all out in 2011 didn't I?

Last edited:
Look what came in!

408315_10150569095925336_507160335_11229166_2007830271_n.jpg

Not really a pedalboard picture so I figured I'd post it here.. Time to source for a nice 2U or 3U rack case and a case for the MFC101 + 2 expression pedals.. Any suggestions?

Look what came in!

408315_10150569095925336_507160335_11229166_2007830271_n.jpg

Not really a pedalboard picture so I figured I'd post it here.. Time to source for a nice 2U or 3U rack case and a case for the MFC101 + 2 expression pedals.. Any suggestions?

Nice! I gotta get my hands on one soon!

Went crazy over the past few weeks and got myself several stuff.. Mostly from the Swee Lee sale.

09a60312.jpg

This was my one and only aim after I saw it during the June sale when I got my CUB12R and it went crazy cheap so it was a "MUST BUY"...

Also bought a bass amp the Ibanez SW-35 and a 3 rack stand.

nice laney cab! I was actually looking for a cab.. am considering running my axe fx with the poweramp/cab set up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back