Favorite Solos

Vaiyen said:
is Mike Mangini like damn fast or what?

Well, he officially won the World Fastest Drummer competition a few times.. But there are still a lot of drummers who are faster. But thats not the full stop in drumming.

mike is fast and accurate..but i'm not typical of his speed.. i'm just very in love with his style.. very very fluent and his drum set setup is so fun..

Thoes that I watched/ listened on CD, video or DVDs are:

1) Neil Peart in "Rush in Rio" dvd and CD

2) Vinnie Calaiuta, Dave Weckl and Steve Gadd doing a triple drumming thing in "Buddy Rich Memorial Scholarship Concert" Video Part 2.

3) Steve Smith doing "The Drum also Waltzes" in Vital Information Live CD

4) Buddy Rich in Frank Sinatra's "Concert for the Americas" dvd

5) JOe MOrello playing "Take Five" in "Drumming Legends of Jazz" video

jenn, that solo gadd was doing is his famous one called crazy army if i'm not wrong. if u liked that one u got to check out "Fifty ways to leave ur lover" by paul simon with gaddd on drums. there's a another one which does a shuffle feel into a half time feel, the songs called "chuck E's in love" by rickie lee jones.

blurred said:
jenn, that solo gadd was doing is his famous one called crazy army if i'm not wrong. if u liked that one u got to check out "Fifty ways to leave ur lover" by paul simon with gaddd on drums. there's a another one which does a shuffle feel into a half time feel, the songs called "chuck E's in love" by rickie lee jones.

Yes, I checked that out! I bought a half-priced Paul Simon Live DVD just to watch him him do that! hehehe...

I forgot to mention a particular drum solo by Keith Carlock... it was extremely superb musical playing, despite the fact that his playing looks completely weird and unorthodox...

Truly one of kind... you can see it on his website, keithcarlock.com. for those who don't know him yet, you will now... 8)

I like those Swing drummers. gene krupa era..god damn their hand are like octopus. They can make their drum sings. and yeah those solos from latin drummers horacio hernandez. super independant or "independent"( which one correct spelling"?)

JiveB said:
Face it guys, Joey's hype is actually no hype. Their fans are just that. Fans. They like the music, and they idolise the members of the band. Full stop. They aren't like some of us who are discriminating listeners and actually listen to a (much) wider range of music and drummers and thus are able to see that joey(and possibly Travis Barker, i might add) are actually nothing more than mere showmen.

yup I actually agree with hype. When I was young i thought that Lars Ulrich was the best drummer. then I hear Slayer, change my mind to Dave lombardo...it keeps changing. well other people got their own taste..and opinions. I might like wild caucasian girls :twisted: but some of you might like typical girl next door :D imho :wink:

non guitar solo

Fav non guitar solo

Drums: any solo by Simon Phillips

Bass: Bhagiti Kumalo's U can call me AL by Paul Simon

Keyboard: Anything from Jon Lord (Deep Purple)

Violin: Devil went down to Georgia (Charlie Danials Band)

Banjo: Gentle on my mind (Glen Campbell)

MassageParlour said:
JiveB said:
Face it guys, Joey's hype is actually no hype. Their fans are just that. Fans. They like the music, and they idolise the members of the band. Full stop. They aren't like some of us who are discriminating listeners and actually listen to a (much) wider range of music and drummers and thus are able to see that joey(and possibly Travis Barker, i might add) are actually nothing more than mere showmen.

yup I actually agree with hype. When I was young i thought that Lars Ulrich was the best drummer. then I hear Slayer, change my mind to Dave lombardo...it keeps changing. well other people got their own taste..and opinions. I might like wild caucasian girls :twisted: but some of you might like typical girl next door :D imho :wink:

Very interesting analogy... heheh.

hahah thats a really good song u can call me al, have u seen the video? chevy chase is inside it! it's hilarious!

Back