Favorite Solos

joey's solo ain't good.. it's just fast and it looks impressive cuz of the spinning stage thing that he was on...it was just fast playing and not really crazy soloing to me. but the solo's ok to me la.

~drummar buah~

drummar-buah said:
joey's solo ain't good.. it's just fast and it looks impressive cuz of the spinning stage thing that he was on...it was just fast playing and not really crazy soloing to me. but the solo's ok to me la.

~drummar buah~

i like his drum solo. its good to me. the main thing is the anti-gravity double pedal. joey is fast!

for skills of coz tony royster 12 yrs old drum solo is the best to me! impressive.

for stamina, i would choose yoshiki of xjapan, he's crazy those 16minutes long non stop double pedals.

yea thanx wired.

yea of course tony royster junior's good. like..he started playing when he was 3? his father was a terrific legendary drummer? haha damn that boy..

anyway my previous post wasn't to insult joey..no offence yea? yup i agree that he is fast. but he only sticks to certain kinds of rolls which will sound a little boring in the solo.

~drummar buah~

He was taught by Dennis Chambers, of course he's a rhythm machine, Chambers is an amazing drummer. :D

Anyway, I agree with the point that you brought up about Joey. Face it, people, he's over-rated. Solid double kicks and great chops, but put him beside people like Vinnie C, Thomas Lang, Virgil Donati, he's nothing. These are the people who have great chops and yet are able to be musical and technical at the same time.

Face it guys, Joey's hype is actually no hype. Their fans are just that. Fans. They like the music, and they idolise the members of the band. Full stop. They aren't like some of us who are discriminating listeners and actually listen to a (much) wider range of music and drummers and thus are able to see that joey(and possibly Travis Barker, i might add) are actually nothing more than mere showmen.

SIMON PHILIPS - In the who 25 anniversary consert - NOONE CAN COMPARE MAN.... 2 hrs 15mins....rock the hse!

JiveB said:
Face it guys, Joey's hype is actually no hype. Their fans are just that. Fans. They like the music, and they idolise the members of the band. Full stop. They aren't like some of us who are discriminating listeners and actually listen to a (much) wider range of music and drummers and thus are able to see that joey(and possibly Travis Barker, i might add) are actually nothing more than mere showmen.

+1

but the way u put it very hurtful la..relax man

ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!! YEA MIKE DA MAN!!!
HE"S DAMN GOOD!!! EVEN DAVE WECKL (WHO'S ONE OF MY FAVOURITE DRUMMERS) RESPECT MIKE TOO!!

Back