Experienced Guitar Accompaniment Coach Available

Necrome

While most other guitar pedagogy out there aims to get people strumming songs fast by memorising which leads to frustration and quitting, I am a play-and-sing musician that disagrees with the method and instead focuses on guitar accompaniment and approach learning the instrument proper without taking short cuts.

I believe in teaching how the instrument works, from the very construct and this delayed gratification will ensure that students learn MUSIC, and not simply replicate finger positions. With already many singing students under my wing, I do hope to also work with serious learners of the guitar because I personally understand the pain of learning and would share the tips I've gathered over the years.

Rates are at $180/month of 4 hourly lessons.
Drop me an sms or call to schedule a session with me to hear the difference

Gary.

Hey Jayenciel, i do love and play bossa nova and jazz! But have to say I'm not extremely proficient at it yet. What kinda songs and playstyles are you looking at? bossa and jazz solo guitar or accompaniment?

Hey Jayenciel, i do love and play bossa nova and jazz! But have to say I'm not extremely proficient at it yet. What kinda songs and playstyles are you looking at? bossa and jazz solo guitar or accompaniment?

I'm fine with both styles of playing, wanna learn anything related. More interested in improvisation,techniques and theory/composition. Does jazz/bossa nova involve more tab reading?

Last edited:
It's a very deep topic we are going into here. First of all, genres of music don't define whether or not tab-reading is more frequently used in playing, and Jazz/Bossa Nova is more chordal in nature than most other classes of music.

I do think it's very hard to go into detail and intricacies online, so if you want to, we can schedule a trial to talk about all of these things and see if what I know is what you are interested in?

yea i understand jazz chords are sometimes complicating so I guess its good to spend more time studying chords.

How can we meet up for trial lesson? When are you most available? I'm free most of the time but hate to travel during peak hours :D

I teach full-time, so anytime's a good time for me. How about coming Monday morning at 11am? I'm situated right next to Eunos' MRT station.

Last edited:
ok that will do, but can we meet at Eunos MRT station before traveling to your place?
Also would I be charged for the trial lesson?

Yup sure, drop me a message at 91880920 when you are about to arrive. Nope! No charge for the trial :)
but do bring along a month's fees ($180) if you decide to sign up there and then. And also a notebook for writing things down.

Back