emo vocal

Lol..I think Emo is not the right word to describe it. I describe it as more "Feel" to the song, instead of being "Emo" about it.

Don't sing till you cry though. That is really being emotional already..lol..Just my opinion :)

I think it's both the music being emotional and the ability to feel well enough to be a vocalist. The people in the latter group have a lot of potential imo, as long as they don't go overboard and have a balance.. An emotion best conveyed is a spark for a vocalist's standards~

I know for a fact there's about 2-4 songs I can't sing cos I tend to break down crying over them :/ It's not only because of the message the song brings but most of the times the chords with the melodies are so well crafted that they fit in emotionally than as a song structure. It's music like that where your vocal capabilities takes the backseat and the expression and meaning of the song does justice..

me

for me sometimes when im on stage and choose "that" song, my mind was only her and i only can heard myself singing... is like im singing all alone with on one around..

Life is about balance da dey.

Otherwise, how do actors survive and maintain their sanity?

Acting lagi difficult you know.

Must immerse yourself in the character, some even go to extremes to act out the parts well and make you almost believe.

That's why sometimes you watch the Channel 8 dramas got those auntie characters who if you see outside, you sure hantam her one. But in real life, they are very nice and happy people.

Hehehehe.. :mrgreen:

I think it's different, acting and singing.. I mean, taking on characters is one thing but this isn't acting, it's someone meaning what they sing... so they're not acting, it's real.. how to not emo?

I donno, to me acting's easier than pretending singing some song won't get personal.. :/ I find it harder to detach from that than to attach to a fictional character..

I think it's different, acting and singing.. I mean, taking on characters is one thing but this isn't acting, it's someone meaning what they sing... so they're not acting, it's real.. how to not emo?

I donno, to me acting's easier than pretending singing some song won't get personal.. :/ I find it harder to detach from that than to attach to a fictional character..

i think if you're singing a song written by someone else (and you cannot completely relate to it), it's can be pretty similiar to acting.

likewise if you're acting a role you can identify completely with/that's based on you, it can get pretty emotion-invoking, like singing... right...?

haha, before i stray off topic, i guess when one is singing something they wrote themselves about an upsetting incident or something, it's not very uncommon to get all upset and stuff. but if you go stab yourself with the microphone or whatever on stage, maybe you're taking it a bit too hard on yourself...

I can't act :| Stage fright :| *points to shaking legs*

I'm really good at acting like a complete nutcase tho. :p lol

If its still relevant.. I would like to share my story.

A vocalist, is afterall a human with emotions. We do, like others experience sadness and happiness. What makes us different from others is that, we tend to express our moods and feelings through singing as a medium.

Hence, by being able to let out heartfelt emotions with singing, we, on the other hand, will be more able to get out of depression easily.

However, it is some part of truth in that we as vocalists gets more down times than others. It is a necessary "evil".

WhY? Like Gandhi demostrated, you cannot ensure a disease be cured by your own medicine unless u tried the cure on yourself first.

To let others know about the feelings in a song, a vocalist must first feel that emotion him/herself, then he/she would be able to channel the essence of the song to others.

In conclusion, vocalists do become depressed more frequently than others, as it will enhance our feel in singing to greater heights. We do it for the greater good, so that our audience out there, can appreciate our art even better.

Hm.

I think i spoke in too serious a tone. MANZ.. I GOTTA SLACK! SLEEPING TIME! ZzZZz..

Back