Electro-Harmonix: Metal Muff

heyy the metal muff is retailing at $160? Because im buying it 2nd hand off kahuna at 150...so 10 dollars for a brand new one?

there are several dealers offering the Metal Muff: Yamaha combo shop/ Ebenex/ Misse/ Edder; do check their respective offers

Lifespan? AFAIK pedals don't "expire"... but I'm guessing you're saying durability? If thats the case then the pedals should be able to last a looooong time provided you don't stomp on them like crazy baboon.

i heard there's something like the muff family(3 different kinds of muff)?im not too sure 2.pls enlighten me guys

Which would be a better choice? Metal Muff or Uber Metal with a booster? I'm thinking of selling off my uber metal for a metal muff even though it sounds okay to me cause I'd rather get a metal muff than spend more money on a booster.

the booster function in the Metal Muff accentuates frequency (top end) more than the overall signal response.

the Uber Metal has more voicing options. at the end of the day, it's a matter of preference.

Hey TheGuillotine I'm using the UM as well and my suggestion is just to get a booster for that beast. Currently I have the Bad Monkey placed before the UM and a Ehx LPB-1 placed after everything just before my delay so I'd be able to set it whether I'd want a big volume boost where I can just use the LPB-1 or if extra gain/sustain needed I'd use the Bad Monkey.

But I needed to make some tweaks to the UM if I wanna boost it with the BM so that it is noticeable.

Yea. Okay. thanks then. I'll go try the metal muff next week first before I decide. My uber metal boosted by the low gain channel of the sd-2 gives it alot more sustain though. So I guess I'll be comparing in terms of tone both when the boost is off and when it is on cause my uber metal's signal's really dry even though it's so tweakable. I think the main reason's because it's digital. Thanks anyway.

don't think it's due to the digital nature. the UM emulates an amp's drive; this might be the reason. the MM on the other hand, is a distortion unit through & through.

Okay. So I'm supposed to be getting a metal muff soon, and an ad appears for 2nd hand pocket metal muff. What should I get huh? I don't need the top boost cause I have a booster in mind already. One that doesn't just boost the top. The pocket will also take up less space. My only concern is what the tone is like cause you can't really tweak that on a pocket metal muff other than that small little switch. I'm going over to test on Sunday, but I won't be able to compare there cause I don't think he has the full sized one. Thanks.

best discourse is to hear it in action then decide accordingly. the NANO metal muff provides a utilitarian platform for a hard/ heavy distortion tone. if you have a supplementary EQ pedal for days when you require refinements- it's a versatile set up.

This pedal rocks.....I tried it and it sounds good.

However, due to its fuzz-type voicing, it is arguably not my first choice for palm-muted James Hetfield/Metallica style of riffing. I still prefer a Metal Zone for this aspect, but this pedal sounds much livelier than a Metal Zone for leads.......

Back