electric strings on acoustic guitar.

unholyernest

just wondering if anyone has tried electric strings on acoustic guitar?
please share the experience!

beez told me to try it, he said he did it so he can wack all his bentings.

i still dun dare to try cuz i dun wanna waste my pack of strings and i scared the pressure is so high that my acoustic guitar might tear.

thanks!

no worries la. unless your supersonic ears are very anal to sound, using electric guitar gauge strings on an acoustic guitar won't provide any problems.

just use whatever you're comfortable with.

Khai does it on his acoustic guitar.played it during the vocal hangout.it feels much nicer that does acoustic strings.

but 1 downside.you cant really hear the sound unless in a quiet room.

hmm..i've always wanted to try that..but afraid to compromise on the sound. also afraid that the strings may snap! so...since they purportedly *don't* snap..i might try it after all :)

just wondering if anyone has tried electric strings on acoustic guitar?
please share the experience!

Wait. before you try this, are you talking about acoustic steel string guitars? or nylon stringed guitars? If it's the latter, it's got no truss rod, and will warp under the electric strings tension.

mine's a normal standard common usual acoustic steel stringed guitar with truss rod.
wanna put in electric steel strings. but i think it should be alright to try lah.

i not afraid that the neck will warp..i more afraid that the bridge will tear and fly up when i tune.

Tried it several times, and didn't have any problems with it. It's actually better if your guitar is an electro-acoustic that has the single-coil pickup clipped in the hole.

The sound difference... not really noticeable.

but 1 downside.you cant really hear the sound unless in a quiet room.
You are of course joking right?

I put electric guitar strings on my Baby Taylor acoustic (because they were the only ones I had at the time and I was desperate) and they sound fine (and loud, despite it not being a plugged-in electric guitar) and there's no damage to the instrument.

haha i tried it last time. Speaking from experience it would be easier to press however the acoustic would lose its "Brightness".The sound would be more dull.

I use d'addario electric strings on my seagull S6 slim. Totally no sliding sound when u move up and down the fingerboard. I kinda enjoy that. Wonder if it is right?

i tried it on a very cheap ovation copy, it is very nice and easy to play, think electric guitar without having to plug in, sounds steelish and not as solid as with acoustic strings... don't worry too much about the neck snapping... i don't think if it's any decent it should err pop up in agony when you string it with steel.

anws, i thought acoustic strings had higher tension?

Back