EL 700 via thumbdrive

bemozart

I'm very new to his. Could anyone advise if it is possible to connect EL700 to a notebook and then play the electone via a thumbdrive plugged into the notebook. If yes, please provide step by step guide on how to do this. Thank you.

I'm not familiar with the Electone, but I assume there's no USB connection that lets you do direct connection to you notebook. You also need to be more specific on what you are trying to do. If you mean record into your notebook, all you need is to establish an audio connection:

EL700 audio out -> notebook audio in

You can achieve this by either direct audio connection into you built-in notebook audio, or to get an audio interface and do it that way. An audio interface connects into your notebook via firewire or USB, depending on the model.

You also need software. Built-in Windows audio software can do if you want to just experiment, but there are lots of free audio software (e.g. Audacity) that lets you do the same.

If you are trying to record midi, sequence, or play softsynths and other plugins, then you'll need to connect via midi:

EL700 midi out -> audio interface midi in -> USB/firewire notebook

If you're new to midi, do a quick search on the SOFT forum to find out more on what it is and what it is not. Obviously, you cannot connect midi direct into your notebook. You do that either by an audio interface (of which most have midi ports nowadays), or a midi connector (that connects to your notebook via USB). You'll definitely need a DAW software to run it (and there are many free ones out there).

Back