drum notations or not?

se7en

poll question:

just wondering if any drummers here dun rely on drum tabs/notations...
like just learn the drum patterns by ear only?

i just finished watching the movie "drumline". main character rocks the snare drum, but he does not even know how to read the drum notes. he just learns by hearing and watching (slow-mo scene).

The drumline dude you saw probably knows music notation...interesting to note that the drumline section put together was done last minute, and the 'nemesis' drumline and their college is real. But yeah la., Dennis chambers relys on his ears, and little or none on music notation.

i guess alot of ppl will start out just by ear/watching others play.. but notes and timing and othe stuff are very very impt. as a for a drummer we kept the "backbone" of the music... :D

my fren told me, the main character is one of those guys from nickelodeon. lolz (ok kids lets start drumming hehehe).

since we are into the topic of "drummers" in movies, what do u all think of the movie "that thing you do"? LOL :lol: ...i am spartacus... whats up with that??!??

se7en said:
since we are into the topic of "drummers" in movies, what do u all think of the movie "that thing you do"? LOL :lol: ...i am spartacus... whats up with that??!??

maybe in the 60's, it's a cool thing to say

Latest posts

Back