Drum lesson @ AMK/Hougang/TanglinCC for children/ students/ teens/ adults

homestud

Hi all,

I am female drum teacher offering drum lessons to beginners in search of a firm music foundation. Sometimes drummers often play be ear, trial and error and neglect the importance of theoretical aspects of music. Hence I believe my classes will be able to assist drummers in an all rounded learning experience.

I am currently teaching at 2 music schools in singapore , and have several years of experience playing in a band. I have completed Trinity Rockschool's Drums Grade 8 and ABRSM Music Theory, and pursuing a Diploma in year 2010. Students may request to follow the Rockschool syllabus should they wish to attain a graded certification.

Drum lessons will follow a systematic approach, covering the following areas:

Fundamental rudiments
Basic music theory
Reading notation and scores
General knowledge of drumset
Basic rhythms ( 4/4 and 8-beat pop/rock rhythm, syncopation, 16-beat funk, waltz, rock 'n roll, bossa nova, etc.)
Improvisation techniques and ideas (for rhythm and fills)
Building a stable 'pulse' and strong rhythm sense (practising with metronome)
Technical exercises to improve co-ordination and techniques
Acquiring rhythms in contemporary pop/rock songs (play along to music tracks)

Pace of lesson will be largely dependent on students' progress, while students may request to learn specific rhythms or anything at all that interests them.

Comprehensive scores and notes are compiled and will be issued to students every lesson.

Lessons will be held at my place at Hougang(a few bus stops from yio chu kang, ang mo kio mrt), or Ang Mo Kio, or Tanglin CC (only for group classes).

Do text me at 93634806 or PM for rates, detailed outline, class duration, group classes or any enquries at all. Do visit drumslessonsg.wordpress.com for regular updates by the end of June. Cheers

Back