Dog Ear P-90s

the main issue with this pickup is the very 'dog ear' mounting flaps which won't fit into a conventional humbucker routing. if you are keen on a p-90 tone & would wanna fit it into your default humbucker cavity, try Duncan's Phat Cat, which will be here soon- i'm getting them btw 8)

Duncan SPH-90 Phat Cat
1498_gd.jpg

whats it sound like sub?? mayb do a review on it yeah.. cuz i've been toying with that idea for a while now..

have not heard it in action, but i'm confident it's a reputable p-90 tone from the manufacturer. elsewhere, it has been likened to PRS' McCarty soapbar BUT that could've been a little over-blown. personally, there'll be no loss for me, i'm a Duncan fan 8)

review? definitely.

Im not too sure abt this, but there are some ppl who say the phat cat sounds nothing like a real p90.
im itching for a LP special with p90s love that sound.

sub u gt any p90s u can compare the phat cat to?

The guys at Duncan Forums say that the Phat Cat sounds pretty much like the Dog Ear P-90...how much would the Phat Cat be cost?

ciel21 said:
Im not too sure abt this, but there are some ppl who say the phat cat sounds nothing like a real p90.
im itching for a LP special with p90s love that sound.

sub u gt any p90s u can compare the phat cat to?

i've talked to a few phat cat owners, here're some info:

*it's not quite a Gibson type p-90: yup, one of the users warned others that if you are a gibson p-90 type lover, the phat cat strays away from this kinda tone, in fact, it's more of a jazzmaster-type, fat single coil sound.

*think McCarty soapbar: one of them has the phat cat in a not-too massive solid body, set neck guitar & claims that it sounds quite parallel to the units in the McCarty. i'm not too surprised as Duncan has a major input in designing/ making those McCarty pickups.

Hi DarknessFury, I can't remember exactly call sims drive swee lee. Some where around $300 for the pair sounds right maybe $320

Wow, that's expensive...do they sell the bridge pickup only? 'Coz I'm only interested in the bridge, lol...I don't use the neck ones at all...

Back