Yo all, what do you think?

This one:

digi_jamman.jpg
[/URL][/img]

OR this:

rc20xl_lg-85023d1d7c9cde159e69752e538693f1.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Need your advice, forumnites! Thanks!

BOSS has moved on to the RC-50 to rival the Jam Man.
BossRC-50Big.jpg

if you like the RC-20 but wish for a more compact unit to maybe fit your pedal board, i'd suggest you consider this one instead:
EM_RC-2.gif

however, do assess your needs; if you think you want ample on-board memory, the Jam Man has a memory card slot... 8)

yes sir! definitely in- this could save you some money, yes? 8)

both swee lee/ ebenex have them in stock. i'm not quoting prices here to avoid misunderstandings; hope you understand. do give them a call.

Thanks for the update! The reason why I ask about a RC-20XL initially is bcos there is more buttons to help tech-fools like me. You think the RC-2 is user friendly? From your advice, it seems that the RC-2 is cheaper than the RC-20XL, isn't it? 8)

yes my friend 8)

to relegate the RC-2 as an entry level looper unit is trivializing the tremendous inspiration it generates. if you want minimum tweaking & have no issues with storage, the RC-2 is recommended.

if you are the tech-inclined type, the RC-2's utilitarian features would insult your intelligence but if it's your initial stab at a looping device, check the RC-2 first.

all loopers will have a learning curve. Inclusive of learning what the pedal can offer and how YOU, wanna use the looper

I have the rc-2 and couple of other loopers. Most loopers function can be pretty straight forward. Inclusive the loopers you have mentioned.
Going thru the manual and having the thing infornt of you will solve lotsa problem.

The rc-2 is cheaper coz of theres certain things which they left out from the bigger one like rc20xl or the rc 50.

If you wanna use a rc2, a separatly sold boss fs-6 dual footswitch is very much needed to get the most out of the rc-2

Actually when looking for looper, the most important things, imho is to go thru the spec of the loopers on the product page and gauge how you want to use it and what can be gotten from it, according to the specs

If you are not sure how you want to use a looper, then just get either one and learn from there. Different people might have different ways of using a looper, it might suit them, but not you or vice versa.

Yo Pat, no complex operation here for me. Just wanna do some backing tracks, add in some bassline, and hopefully add in some drum track available from the loop machine itself. Hopefuuly the RC-2 is able to do the tasks I have mentioned.

it is fair to say that the RC-2 offers the fundamentals for the initial looper user. after trying it, if you feel that it can't fulfil your needs, do climb up the manufacturer's offering hierarchy.

the rc 2 shud be able to fulfilled all the needs you wanna..

only thing to take note is the looping time available from it. By saving one loop only, you will have round 15-16mins of it, but the more loops you save, it will be shared within the max looping time available.

If each loop you saved is around 30s to 1min and just playing live over it(without overdubing)lotsa thing can be done. But if you wanna save loops which contain entire rhythm part/bass/drum of 3-4 mins each and still overdub, theres limitation from the max looping time available.

Thanks Pat. Thats real good info on the product. Probably the RC-20XL can do more loop time? If so, it could be a better choice, its not that big either.

boomerang can easily be imported, dun think got local dealer but have read gd reviews abt it and it's easy to operate. will set you back around 700 plus.

the EH ones are gd alternatives as well....

Does the Digitech JamMan, Boss RC-20XL & RC-2 have drumloops and basslines ?

kinda wanna use it as a practise tool more than anything else.
:)

if need more loop time without add on, get the RC50,

if need more time and saved loops, get the jamman coz its cf card friendly

if need drum loops and bassline, get a laptop, audio interface, software like ableton/reason, get drumloops and basslines online, install and play along while looping over and over plus real time manipulation of whatever parameters needed

boomerang more suitable for live looping and improvise looping/playing(compared to saving loops and playing back while having another instrument play over), shorter looping time as compared with boss/jamman

EH 16 sec and 2880 got that 4 beats irritating count in before the loop start(after stepping on the start record stomp switch). Unless EH already mod then sent out the product, if not, this is one of the shortcoming of the product(other than size and additional pedal for full usage of the pedal). I have the 16sec delay modded without the count in. It really rocks as a looping device cum improvised sound tweaker.

Back