cymbal polish?

drummar-buah

is there a specific type of polish for cymbals?
where to get and oso what's the rough price of it?

oso btw. i just got a really old TAMA ARTSTAR drumset. second hand. it's all rusty and stuff.. it took me one hour to clean one small part but it still can't shine. but i managed to clean of the bloody thick rusts at that SMALL part. sheesh.. it's so tiring man.

but anyway. is there anything nice about the ARTSTAR? cuz i always hear about the general and popular tama swingstar and yamaha something or something liddat. is there anything nice about those that the ARTSTAR doesn't posses?

Cymbal cleaners will usually cost about 8-13 bucks.....and there's a few brands out there....like Zildjian or Dunlop....I am personally using the Dunlop cleaners....

Yeah I know what you mean about cleaning the drumset......and cleaning the cymbal is way more tiring....it's like once you spray the cymbal polish, you gotta keep wiping the cymbal with a clean cloth till it's clean or else it will leave some sort of tarnish on your cymbals....and if you use it regularly it will make your cymbals thinner due to the chemicals in the liquid....

I've stopped cleaning my cymbals, I just dust it once a week....and it still looks as shiny as new....

oh man.. thin the cymbals? might as well i get a new SHINY ONE :D

hahaha oh well. so i just go swee lee or some yamaha shop to get it huh?

which brand do u feel is better?

Yeah it does.....it even says on the bottle not to use it that often....

I don't know about the Zildjian one but the one I have is the Dunlop brand....well it's ok...but it's just it's very tiring trying to polish out the stains on your cymbals...and you gotta really clean it or else it will leave some stains on your cymbals...

Yeah Swee Lee and Yamaha should have it.... :wink:

I don't think you should ever clean a cymbal with a cymbal cleaner unless its damn jia lat. you change the sound if you do it all the time. Plus i like it dirty, more mellow sound perhaps? I'm not sure but i sure do sound like a wine taster.

A good crash will be around 200 plus. My evolution crash is around $250 i think.

wat!!! so expensive?!?!? i was expecting a 150 dollar kind of thing.. shit man.. oh well.. begging for a christmas sale HEHE!!

well i like cymbals which have a bright crash sound. mellow, not my kind. except for dark oriental china. (not sure if there's such a thing)

150 bucks ah... can also lah i guess... sabian XS20, around 170 bucks. mid-range... great cymbals are like luxury goods nowadays.

look out for 2nd hand deals man! but i think u should save up and get the higher ends stuffs. nt much diff in pricing, but the quailty diff by alot. it will last u a long time. thats wat i tink though.

too bad i just sold my zildjian k for 150! haha

TAMA Artstar? 8O

They are discountinued drums from the 80s. Thin birch shells with cordia veneer if I'm right. These are high end drums and even Neil Peart used them during the Signals/Grace Under Pressure period of Rush.

That's a steal. It's a pro/semi-pro line of drums which are rare and vintage now seeing how they don't make them anymore.

what he means is that the drums are high-end (high-quality) but also so old that they are considered vintage (almost like antiques).

they're last time's equivalent to current starclassics. :D

either birch or maple shells.really the best of the best last time.probably still is! 8)

how i wish u had met ur friends earlier! :cry:

Let me give you an analogy. The act of a friend giving you the Artstars (assuming it's a 5 piece with hardware) is similar to a friend giving you a few thousand dollars. Yeah. :lol:

It's a real steal.

Frummer said:
they're last time's equivalent to current starclassics. :D

either birch or maple shells.really the best of the best last time.probably still is! 8)

how i wish u had met ur friends earlier! :cry:

Birch shell with cordia. There's Artstar II or Granstar which may be higher end compared to the Artstar though. But hey, it's a professional kit right there anyway! :D

Back