Compliant at East Coast Park for Drumming

This gives me an idea.

Anyone can bring in amps and drums to any parks and play for our frens?

Just wanna know, issit legal? Need Licencing or not ah?

bro handrummer - next time if you are lucky enough to see this lady again in the Park. Stop Playing Immediately - then smile at her - tell her on the face - Let's play Catching then - you pull your pants down (hopefully you are wearing some Boxer-shorts inside - then you chase after her round Katong Park - Have Fun - It's Social Activity isn't it.

But this time round- she will be the one making alot of noise in the Park - Screaming Her Lungs Out ! ...Whahahahaha @

Wah me wicked idea again ...

Last edited:
if I put the wrong pant - How

RD,

WOW - WOW -WOW !!!

What happen by mistake when she come and i BECOME PANIC and put down the wrong pant - HOW ???

I will be in 'big - big - big' trouble. The police will come after me.....lah.

Cannot go to the EC park to drum anymore -

"Lifetime Banned from EC Park".

Overnite star - Straits Times first page - Headlines......lah.

Oh....No Way.......I am afraid of lifetime Banned for drumming - RD.

Hand drummer

drumset at EC Park

you guys actually bring your drumsets to parks to play? so power?

Bro,

U may also bring your own drum kit to EC Park. One of our friends did so, he got his rythym traveller along to jam with us. We normally carry some of our stuff - dhol, bongo, conga, djembe, ashiko, dununs and other light percussion instrument for our jamming sesson. PM me yr contact if interest to join us during the weekend.

Hand drummer.

Dude,

Tell me, I might have missed the reply. Did anyone really set up a drumset to practice at the beach? I think that is so cool!

You'd be surprised at the amount of intolerant people there are in Singapore.

Strange lady tho. But I really hope everybody follows your example of acting graciously towards them!

last nite i was wif my frds hanging ard at east coast beach after makan ard midnite...
place quite pack coz hoildays...everywhere there families fishing, picnic, tents ard...
to my surprise, there are loud2 percussions being played from a few areas.
i thought thaipusam! 1 of them is a group of indian guys practising near the beach. another side got another malay groups playing percussions and sing song. this goes on all the way till like 3am++!!!

no1 like shouted, "shut up" or "fcku off"...
i like it tho...kips me entertained during my 'bang-glak' game.

i seriously think, it is an open public place so its not wrong. maybe the lady is the typical 'mdm-knows-it-all-i'm-right-u-r-wrong'...

want to read book oso can go to the library... :)

We just try to be nice and considerate to non musicians. Sometimes, we are too engrossed in what we are doing to see the bigger picture from non-musicians' viewpoint.

^^ correct...

to be frank abt last nite, my first sentence after hearing the beats was "eh? siao ah they all?" but i dun mind. wat my worry is actually the kids,babies with the families sleeping in the tents.

I have thought of bringing my drum pads down to practice. I thought that's more practical and handy esp if we do not drive. Also the air at the beach is not good for the hardware and cymbals.

Drumming at East Coast Park tonite

hey i wanna join in!!!!! can can? i wanna have the feel of playing by the beach :)

HI Bro,

If you are free tonite after 8 pm, bring a drum and come down and join us at the East Coast Park. Location to be confirmed. Tonite being a public holidays period the park will be very crowded, hopefully we can find a vacant sheltered pavilion at either F2 or F3 nearby vicinity.

Hand drummer & drumming kakis

Yes be considerate to dumb people... Why don't they be considerate to themselves and MOVE away from him?
+100 to that. Not unless HD sat beside her, while she was reading. Why do some people like to make things complicated? She could have just walked away.

My Dear Soft's Brother/Sisters

I do agree that Musician does have their rights to drum (for instance here) at a Public place - in this case (for fun sake) why not ...But bear in mind not forgetting also that :-

There is a Specific Time allowed (from eg say 9am to 11pm only) - afterwhich - we have to lower the volume as it is late (people need to rest too).... If there is a complain here - You loose the case - The police will stop us and they have every right.

Why do I say this.

Remember the last time this year - Soft's Drum Xchange was drumming at Jurong Green CC (where Minister Lim Boon Heng & the Mexican Embassador attended the event) ....

I was told by the Chairman of the CC to finished by 10.45 at most .....I remembering replying him saying "Aiyah, no problem I guess even after 11pm, why not 12 - afterall you guys are from the PAP" "and all you have to do is flash your card - shouldn't be a problem right?"

He answered me sternly ... ' Eric...NO....so what - the police have every right to come and stop us as long as someone complain - 11pm and that's the limit, and we will be given a Warning too irregardless of who we are " - This is our Law.... The more so I have to abide by it..and no excuse for me.

So - you tell me, from above answer I got from these people - - - - - it give us an idea now of - "Our Limit"

Last edited:
Back