Compliant at East Coast Park for Drumming

hand drummer

Two weeks ago on a Sunday morning at 10.30 am, I was practising my Dhol Drumming at EC carpark F3 at one of the pavilion. A lady age 40 plus, with spectacles, came and asked me whether am I practising my drumming at the public park here. I told her, 'Yes' - I am. She requested me to go to another site along East Coast Park to drum. Her reason given was the noise of the drum interrupted her from reading a book. She commented that the public East Coast Park is a peace and quiet place for the public to relax and to read a book. Why am I drumming here. She said maybe you can go home and practise your drumming. I told her East Coast Park is a public place and we all come to relax and have Fun during weekend - barbecue, sport activities, games and others.,

I told her to call the police if she feel that I am creating too much noise on Sunday morning at the East Coast Park.

She walk away feeling very frustrated -what a day !!!

Can anymore enlighten me if this an offend to practice my drumming at the East Coast Park on Sunday morning ?

Hand Drummer

Reactions: fgl
Hm.mmmmmm I think it's alright afterall it's a Park - people bring Hi-Fi on it loud loud is not uncommon right?.....

If it's in the night I can understand - Park are often use for some other purposes at times and they want it - Quiet ... by then people like this woman can also say - go to Hotel.

Its not an offence but maybe a little bit consideration could be spared in these sort of situations. Perhaps you could practice in a different area where the lady isn't at ,as a civic-minded compromise?

hmm reading that really pisses me off. u have as much right as u want to sit there and chill and drum as she has to read her amazingly important book. in fact she should go home turn on air con and sit down and read in all the peace and serenity she wants. i admire ur level headedness in dealing with her, im sure i would have blown my top and said all kinds of stuff..

zapppp... uhhhh.. sorry bro hand drummer 2 hear dat..might b she,too know very well,abt this..public places wer by ppl get 2gether & hang arnd.. Some wud bring compos..and what abt having gigs in public places? kena complaints oso heh??Probably,she read some novel or books dat moved her..and she got distracted from yer play..hahaha just kidding bro..no offence heh

Me joining

Alamak Brudder HD, You should call me to join you mah!!!!! can make more noise and really pisses her off....haaaaaa!!!!! want to read book, go library lah!!! so peace and quite got air-con some more.....:rolleyes:

On a serious note.... I've also been drumming by the beach for so long and never had anybody come up to me and tell me to quiten down... normally they will stop and watch or better yet, come up to me and start a conversation on drumming. Some even interested in playing too. Common sense, the beach is a public place where poeple come to hang-out have fun and bound to be very noisy. My advice, keep on drumming...................:cool:

Happy drumming..... tang......dun.....dun....tang....tang

Its not an offence but maybe a little bit consideration could be spared in these sort of situations. Perhaps you could practice in a different area where the lady isn't at ,as a civic-minded compromise?

Yes be considerate to dumb people... Why don't they be considerate to themselves and MOVE away from him?

handrummer - I agree fully - open area ppl free to do what they want ....

I up ur points!

bro RD - no lah ..wah paiseh lah...

But our bro here has got a point ... wtf ... open public are ask to stop coz she wanna read a book? If I was there when it happened I would have openly applauded him ... man... serious....

Compliant at EC Park

=fgl

Bros,

Thank you for all your feedback and comments. Come to think of it, she is sitting more than 400 feet in a open area away from the pavilion, where I practice my drumming. Also, EC Park is an open area - noise is dispersed. Perhaps the lady in bad mood on Sunday morning in the park. Next practice, if she still compliant - I really need some kind soul to cool her off.....Lah.

Hand drummer.

Drumming at Katong Park

Katong park la... Got no one there.. Druing day. Eveing then got ppl

WOW, Katong Park.......I will go and explore this park. Tks.

My friend said Labrador Park, Pasir Panjang. Quiet and fronting the sea.

Can anyone enlighten me of some other interesting sites that I can practice my drumming at nite after work and during the day on Saturday and on Sunday.

Hand drummer

yahh katong park.... should be quite okie. just dont bring half full mineral water bottle.... u will get approach by random men for a "good time" :mrgreen:

Random men approach

yahh katong park.... should be quite okie. just dont bring half full mineral water bottle.... u will get approach by random men for a "good time" :mrgreen:

Hi Plainsman,

Oh....Oh.....I am afraid of Random men approach......Bro.

Reckon better not going to Katong Park for my practice session.

If ladies approach Bad enough - Complaints......Noise.

Hand drummer

Plainsmen, then its better to get the extra "thick" sticks to practise with - never know when it might come in handy??? :-D:rolleyes:

Back