Changing of 2 pin plug to 3 pin plug(Grounding)

emptinessben

hey guys..since many people have been enquiring about grounding of amps..i decided to make a guide to help you guys :D ..
FYI:grounding will reduce the amount of hissing(feedback noise) that comes out from your amp..
here it goes..i took picture while i changed the plug..sorry bout the pics..its quite blur.. :oops:
wire1.jpg

heres the original 2 pin plug..
1.jpg

nxt..you take a scissors or wire cutter to cut off the plug..remember cut off the plug only..do not cut off the whole cable!!
2.jpg

after you cut off the plug..you gotta strip the rubber(insulator) do not cut to deep or u will cut ur wires inside..do this with patience..cut off arnd 5cm of rubber..as shown above..
3.jpg

FYI:Red=live wire its on the right,Yellow/Green=Ground wire and its on the top, Blue=Neutral and its on the left..as shown below..
4.jpg

Following..you must strip the rubber of the 3 wires(green/yellow,red and blue)remember...the wires are very thin and you must strip the rubber with care..do not cut to hard..
5.jpg

heres how the 3 pin plug look like inside..i repeat top=ground(yellow/green),right=live(red),left=neutral(blue)..
6.jpg

then slowly place the exposed wire into their respective slots..and screw thier respectives screws tightly..and it will look like what is shown above..
7.jpg

Screw back the top of the plug and VOILA!you ahve completed your grounding.. :D ..
i hope will help you guys..if theres any more enquiries..just here or pm me :D good luck..
oh ya ..the tools you all will need is.
1: Screwdriver(both flat and round head)
2: Scissors (Sharp)
3: Wire Cutter
4: 3 pin plug(you can get it at any hardware stores)
5: Plier(to help you pull off the rubber)
thats all..
finally done with the guide..yawns..anyway take care and good luck..and most importantly..DO NOT PLACE THE RESPECTIVE WIRES IN THE WRONG SLOTS OR YOUR AMP WILL BLOW!! :cry:

Cheers,
ben

Haha I learnt that in Physics class!! I replaced plugs before too once, my vacuum cleaner plug head broke, so must replace...

ehhh....

top=ground(yellow/green),right=live(red),left=neutral(blue) -> all the amps also same ?

GOSH..

This is so funny.. I just finished changing both my amps to 3 pin plugs and i see your post just as i get on my computer.

part_time_idiot:haha thanks.. :D hope it will help u guys..

empro:yep..its international standard..haha..

whitebrokeriff:erm..sorry..i didnt know it was too big..my bad..

jony:haha..btw what amps u grounded?

Hey ur original plug has the metal hole thing just above the two pins.... I thought there is this adapter which fits something into that hole which grounds the amp?

Hahahaha...Just to make sure...
Does a Marshall MG15CDR amp have that green/yellow wire?
It's freaky to strip off the cable and finding only 2 cables.
That is uber scary...

The 3 wires in the cable are industry standard, every electrical item, whether for guitars, kitchen appliances etc etc, all have the 3 wires, live, neutral and earth.

juz grounded my mg10cd.. grounding really work wonders man.. and u muz cut off the plug including the wire right at the end of the head.. ur explanation there made me a lil blur.. :oops:

Back