Boss OC-3 vs or EHX Micro POG?

jastrabiz

I am now in need of an octaver. My choice came down to these 2, any thoughts or recommendations? How is the tracking? Which one has a much more fuller/rounded octave down sound? or just blast me with your own comments about this, I will really appreciate your comments here. Thanks guys.

Just what i think, u will not use the -2 octave nor the distortion on the OC3. Those are things u will never ever use.
The octave up on the POG is fun though. U may not need it now, but one day u might be able to find a use for me. So its the microPOG for me.

=)

Thanks for that info. Noted that. I have actually a distortion pedal already. So I find it redundant for the OC3 to have that as well. I will definitely save a bit more for Micro POG. :)

Just what i think, u will not use the -2 octave nor the distortion on the OC3. Those are things u will never ever use.
The octave up on the POG is fun though. U may not need it now, but one day u might be able to find a use for me. So its the microPOG for me.

=)

Last edited:
Why not consider other models from other brands? Basstheworld on Youtube has done a number of reviews on other Octavers and I believe they mostly fall within the range of the two pedals you're comparing (MXR 88 Bass Octave, MXR 288 Bass Octave Deluxe, Aguilar's Octamizer, EBS Octabass).
You should give those a watch :)

totally different sound, i hate the mxr one, always feel that their blending of your clean signal is too strong imo even at low setting, some ppl who prefer subtle effect should go with this.

I have octamizer, sounds okay can get super subby and shake the whole room, tracking wise is so so but if i were to do that i will rather get mantic frequency density hulk (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-sound-investment/x/2605632) thats a DOD meatbox clone,

If you were to look for something with superior tracking just get the micro pog, but dont expect it to sounds fat/synthy. Btw if you are looking for digital, you might want to consider the organizer by earthquaker devices.

My current fav for synthy octaver is the boss oc2, i tried the oc3 before once. its okay and i think the distortion on that is decent, not sure why everyone hated it.

Latest posts

Back