Boost or EQ pedal?

phoenix

Hi, would like to find out from the experts what the main differences are? Does it do the same thing? Cos you can always eq your sound to "boost" the guitar tone right? Correct me if i'm wrong....

the EQ unit's primary boosting feature are the banded frequencies. it can also be used as a volume boost but i'd recommend you check out clean boosts for that. there are also drive boosts to enhance your drive saturation

depends on what eq you are using but i believe you have more control of your tone when you are using an eQ. however right now in the market there is a whole slew of very very gd boosters that can do a excellent job for you.....

There are some people who use a EQ pedal to kick their amps into more drive. It's doable.

Different from using a OD pedal... It's all up to you to experiment. Maybe you can give us abit more contextual knowledge?

a particular EQ model/ brand might contain enough gain to set an amp into overdrive, however, it's not conceived to contain such drive levels primarily.

id say go for a booster.

Im not much of an EQ pedal guy... i think the EQ from amps are more then adequate ..
if the amp is miced up.. i may fiddle with the EQ from the mixer...

im using the BBE sonic stomp as a sorta buffer to compensate for a bass heavy amp , or a trebly amp ...etc.. the lo/hi knobs help me get relatively consistent sound at different venus

if currently your guitar tone is generally too ... bassy/trebly etc.. you could re-tweak your entire setup to compensate.

Back