Best compact amplifier

epiphone

Am trying to source for a compact desktop like amp for practice.

So far know of the Roland Cube Lite and the Yamaha THR series.

Anyone has any expertise to advice on pros and cons and where to view/buy these in SG?

I think compact amps with some built-in effects are good for practice. You can go to Swee Lee at Bras Basah complex to look at Roland amps, or City Music at Peace Centre to look at Vox and Line 6 amps.

Have you figured how you'd like to use it? Whether you are going bromide the aux line in or as an amp? I found the Roland Cube to sound good via it aux line in, Yamaha THR good as an amp, NUX mighty 8 good as an amp, blacstar fly works equally well as both, Vox was good as an amp... It really depends on your ears preference bro. I like portable amps for their mobility...
Things I'd look for, eq options, built in effects, aux line in, battery life(for mobile use), the different types of modeled amp options.

Hope this helps man.
I am now back to simple solid state amps but they have no mobility functions...

Best wishes...

@Tosh79, am thinking mostly of straight from guitar to amp, and a smaller footprint is high on my wishlist. Although I am likely to keep this plugged into wall sockets rather than power it with batteries. Is there a good place to see Yamaha THR?

@arctic, will look out for the Roland Cube at Sweelee, thanks.

Anyone has actually bought these equipment off online stores before instead of getting from typical Spore stores like Swee Lee or City? Worth the trouble?

prs%2Bblackstar%2Bmaxon.jpg

I'm with the Fly 3- best non-wimpy desktop amp I've come across.

I'd agree with Subversion. The Blackstar is something I'm planning on staying with. Nice and simple and it sounds good. It's definitely going leave a small footprint... Best wishes man... I have the stereo version and sold off the single unit to another softie...

Back