Batson No:5 Guitar Review- Interesting unique uncommon looking guitar

champion

This just came in...a Batson No:5 ...this is the second Batson that I've worked on and their No 5 series is their no frills guitar. Basic priced at US$2800.00 with no cutaway.

This piece comes with a cutaway..interestingly is the top bracing is a lattice brace over the entire top with a smaller bridge plate..so the tone is even yet loud.

the large soundport over the sides gives the player the immediate sound feedback. Floating neck very much like a jazz arch top...where the fretboard extension is not glued over the top ensures more surface area for the top to vibrate and more energy transfer to the sides and back. Overall a louder sounding guitar.

Bound fingerboard...Neck profile- 1 3/4 neck width..with a slightly thicker c profile but it gets a little thicker after the 5th fret onwards..

cedar top with good old indian rosewood combi...simply magical for fingerpickers..

Grained ivoroid binding over the body....won't type too much just watch me explain all of it over the video and you tell me if its a good sounding piece or was I dreaming...cheers Jarvis

e465c7fc.jpg

9e8e697a.jpg

c6d0de8c.jpg

a9d59007.jpg

Look at that floating neck..
55cdb98c.jpg

412cc642.jpg

the special tail piece
bdd35b60.jpg

5fcd9eff.jpg

the unique bridge design...removed the original bone saddle that had an ebony shim glued on it that was tilting forward towards the freboard..intonation problems..solved it by doing the compensated FMI saddle which improved the tone and removed the boxy tone.
ab4911a3.jpg

Back