Band auditions for Listen to the Salad Days: A Confessions Initiative

ohh..so its one original from each band. and that one song is we choose to record? i mean..let say we got like 4 originals and just one song for ep, do we choose?

ohh..so its one original from each band. and that one song is we choose to record? i mean..let say we got like 4 originals and just one song for ep, do we choose?

yeah of course you guys get to choose. and i'm sure you'll would choose the one you think is the best and you guys can play it confidently. this is because there is limited recording time in the studios. so if your band is chosen as one of the 6 bands, you guys should be fully prepared before the recording session.

the 45 bands only got to know that they are in on monday... and they have 3 audition dates 8,14 and 15.. wudnt it be such a rush if bands were rejected the 14 and 15 slots? i mean.. most bands wud probably prefer their prelims to be either on the 14 or 15.. coz 8 of june wud be too rushing..

HUH. wah..
that is quite different from what i, and i'm guessing many other bands, thought.
i think the assumption was one EP per band and i'm quite confident many of the people thought this way.

but i guess no choice..

No offence to anyone but, this is already a good chance/opportunity, so i don't see the point in complaining about not getting our OWN EP. So kudos to team.saladdays for the chance anyways.

And as for the the dates for auditions, is it based on first come first served basis?

yea agree totally.
sorry if i sounded like i was complaining..
i'm more than thankful to even be here.
just saying that maybe more detailed explanations should have been given.
while it's fine with me, i don't know about other people.

rengaw, my bad..

thanks rengaw! xD

regarding the EP, i must say that we left out the detailed explanation but i assumed that bands wouldn't make an assumption like that. hahaha. let's just say this is a miscommunication. sorry about that guys!

hmm about the audition dates, bands have indicated 8th june as their preferred date during the online registration so the filling up of the preferred dates again on the registration form is just to confirm their choice. i'm sure that you guys dont need any extra preparation before the auditions.. so just treat it as a normal jam session but with a more serious attitude.;)

oh hey man, when will we get to know of our audition date & time? latest by...? and haha yeah, it's kind of like a jamming session but only at a cheaper price rate; $12. heh.

for the auditions.. will there be a sound check before we 'jam'.. i know u guys give time for us to set-up.. but then we nid to get use to the equipments.. i mean.. the amps, the mics.. and i dun think its enuff.. at gigs bands usually get to come early before the perform at the actual timing.. and then when they wana perform, their set-up only takes about 5 mins coz they did the essentials around 2 hours b4.. so are we getting that?

haha bro you dont need to have long soundchecks in a jam room. the reason why bands have soundchecks before gigs is because they need to adjust the mixer levels in order to have the right sound from the PA speakers and the stage monitors.

don't worry, you dont need a lot of time to set-up. just gotta plug your instruments into the system, tune, do a mini soundcheck and you're all set. won't take more than 5 minutes. we'll also make sure everything is in place in the studios.

Hi bro, I was wondering where exactly would the auditions take place? The jamming studio in scape? Or the downstairs of scape (the registration area)?

the prelim auditions will take place at the jamming studios while the final auditions will take place at the lab which is the space there and will be open to the public!

Back