Band auditions for Listen to the Salad Days: A Confessions Initiative

team.saladdays

generaledm.gif

-----------------------

Calling all student music enthusiasts... look out for LISTEN TO THE SALAD DAYS: A CONFESSIONS INITIATIVE, a series of 3 performances from July to September 2008 at *scape, part of Confessions @ *scape.
MySpace.com - Confessions of a Music Freak - All - Rock / Pop / Indie - www.myspace.com/confessionsofamusicfreak

-----------------------
Awesome!! I’m ready to be part of this brilliant event! Where do I sign up?

Preliminary Auditions
Date: 8th, 14th, 15th June 2008
Time: 1pm to 5pm
Venue: *scape studios

Final Auditions
Date: 22nd June 2008
Time: 1pm to 5pm
Venue: *scape Youth Centre: The Lab
Open to public!!

- To register, please visit our website at Listen to the salad days™
- All members of auditioning bands must be students of a secondary school, JC, polytechnic or ITE, with preferably all members from the same school.
- Each band will have to pay a registration fee of $12
- Bands must play at least one original song
- Be ready to test your nerves as the judging panel includes local music heavyweights from Wakemeupmusic, The Rockstar Collective and Soft.com.sg!
- The 6 successful bands will...
# Get mentorship from veteran musicians
# Get a chance to have their songs professionally recorded in an EP
# Receive a fantastic goodie bag
# Receive prizes for "Best Song", "Best Guitarist", "Best Drummer" and "Best Vocalist" **(new)

Sign your band up today!

Spread the word around!

Check us out at Listen to the salad days™!
RSVP at Facebook: Login | Facebook
Add us on MySpace: MySpace.com - Salad Days - All - Rock - www.myspace.com/listentothesaladdays

Last edited:
This project is organised by Team Salad Days and proudly
- Presented by *scape

- Co-produced with Rockstar Kids, Big Ear Records, *scape studios

- Main Sponsors: Epiphone, School of Music & Arts

- Sponsors: Sought After Music, Drums Resources, Red Dot Music, LKS Music Centre, The Loft Studios, Revoltage, Sennheiser

- Supported by Wakemeup Music, Invasion Productions, Rampage on the Airwaves, SOFT.com.sg, Youth.sg, JUNK Magazine, Young Change Makers

Last edited:
Online applications will be reviewed before getting approval for auditions. Besides the criteria for band members to be students, quality of music/originals also applies.
A band can be eligible if it has nice originals and majority of the band members are schooling/in the same school.
Priority will also go to other bands which satisfy most of the conditions.
Only 45 bands will be picked for auditions!

You can register online and we will get back to you after 1st June!

Last edited:
Auditions are extended to bands with members from ITEs due to overwhelming response from ITE students! Do sign your band up now! :D

i think i know what he means. as in, how about if all the band members WERE from the SAME secondary school and are in different JCs/Polys now. haha.

Well, I would advise all bands to register online if you are interested to take part in the auditions.

There will be a round of selection of bands from the online registration entries and 45 bands will be picked for the preliminary auditions, based on our conditions set.

Only these 45 bands will have to pay the registration fee of $12.

Take note that bands should complete the form fully when they register so as to ease the processing of the entries! (we're having half-filled or quarter-filled forms for some bands..)

Thanks yall! and keep those sign-ups coming! :mrgreen:

haha yea that's the spirit :cool:

do spread the word!

anyway, we will be bringing bands to some schools to play, as part of our publicity, so do keep a look out for this thread! :-D

Guys heres a hint.
In a band comp the application form is the first judging criteria.
If you can even fill that up properly, or don't have the correct info you probably have just failed to meet the minimum standard

errrrrr....

hmmm....i have sign up 4 ma band...but 4got 2 ask em their ic no.!!!! im in middle of filling up when i saw it n i juz continue without their ic no. .....ooopsssss...i hope we can still make it....argggghhhhh!!!!!

yea i too hope my band's application is a success if not frm now till the results of application is announced when my band have train so hard and not managed to participate, sad sia..hhaha

Back