d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas 1. itchy_go
2. Triodal(Rectifier Recording Preamp)
3. Rossie (Mk series/RK series)

f. vht
1. gjkung (Deliverance)
2. penguin (vht 2502)
3. jbg (VHT G-2902-S - thinking of going stereo Twisted Evil )

h. orange
1. mattleesc (orange rockerverb 50 head)

i. CAA

The idea is dealership here and at the lowest price possible so that everyone can afford one.
Have you compare the indonesia's markup with the U.S. ones?

a. H&K
1. jbg (Tri-Amp MKII)

b. engl
1. hydrogencynide

c. Bogner
1. funk

d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas
1. itchy_go

f. vht
1. gjkung (Deliverance)
2. penguin (vht 2502)
3. jbg (VHT G-2902-S - thinking of going stereo)

h. orange

i. CAA

Cost works out about the same and you can negotiate with them like any other country's dealers.

For you to be able to negotiate dealership type rates so you can pass on savings to other forumites you need to front up some serious capital- this means more than 2, 3, 4 or even 5 units in one order; you need to be able to commit to the manufacturer for a period of time and in some cases buy in tens of thousands of $$ worth of stock.

Have a search through these pages to see how many people own Mesa gear (using them as an example but insert any of the aforementioned manufacturers here) - you can practically count them on one hand.

The reason I said fly to Jakarta is this: if I'm going to spend $4-$6k on an amp, a couple of hundred extra bucks isn't going to make a difference to me. Unless you are going to be able to get me the gear at 20% or more less than the best price I can negotiate with any other dealer in Indonesia, online or anywhere else, then it won't be worth the trouble to me. Right, you might argue, well, not everybody can afford to be so wasteful with their cash but still want to appreciate 'high end/boutique' tone - in that case, might I suggest something 2nd hand on e-bay? There're 50% discounts right there.

Having said all this, I still admire the spirit of what you are doing and wish you well, but you need to have a more concrete business plan than "if we order enough to fill a 20ft container then we can get the gear cheaper". With the best will in the world and all the optimism you care to add, you will *never* fill even half of that through this channel (the forum I mean). All the best - prove us wrong. :)

FYI - copy/paste from some correspondence I had with Mesa - of course there are cheaper ways than UPS (even up to half these prices) - hope this is useful, but again, makes you think "hmm - how much are those flights to Jakarta again?"

Hello
The freight quote would be basically the same for either the F-30 or the Mark 4. Shipping will be fairly expensive.

These are copied from the UPS page, and will be the applicable freight quotes for our outbound shipment.
Calculate Time and Cost

Results Summary

Ship From: PETALUMA, 94954, UNITED STATES Ship To: 307953, SINGAPORE
Shipment Date: Thursday, January 27, 2005
Bill to UPS Account: Yes
Total Shipment Weight: 53 lbs. (**Dimensional Weight applies to one or more
packages, billable weight: 84.0 lbs.)
Drop-off / Pickup: Daily Pickup - I have a daily UPS pickup Address Type: Commercial Number of Packages: 1
Packaging: Your Packaging
Customs Value: 899.00 USD
Duty Type: 01 - Dutiable
Currency: USD

Package Information

Service Total
(All Packages) Contact UPS by: Latest Pickup Time:

UPS Worldwide ExpressSM
Guaranteed by: By End of Day
Monday
January 31, 2005
Billable Weight: 84.0 lbs.
468.39*

By End of Day
Thursday
January 27, 2005 By End of Day
Thursday
January 27, 2005

UPS Worldwide ExpeditedSM
Delivered by: By End of Day
Wednesday
February 2, 2005
Billable Weight: 84.0 lbs.
374.22*

By End of Day
Thursday
January 27, 2005 By End of Day
Thursday
January 27, 2005

If you would like to proceed, you can return the order form to me via email, or fax it to us at 707-765-1503.

Thanks, Michael Wolf @ Mesa Boogie
[/i]

thanks for the info appreciate it.
I have other logistic methods.

If you still want mesa, add yourself to the list. I will negotiate someting far lower than the Indonesian

a. H&K
1. jbg (Tri-Amp MKII)

b. engl
1. hydrogencynide

c. Bogner
1. funk

d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas
1. itchy_go
4. jbg (Triaxis + 20/20 + 1X12" Cab (2))

f. vht
1. gjkung (Deliverance)
2. penguin (vht 2502)

h. orange

i. CAA

I will get the quotations once we have 5 order of any brand!

Currently leading are the Mesa and VHT buyers -Please indicate the model you want, the cab and any accessories...etc

Might I suggest you pick 1 or 2 more people up before moving, or meet the interested parties - so there's no last minute pull-outs. Good luck with your MO. :)

For those in search for your own tone

The (amp + speaker) is the end of your Signal Chain.

Pick -> String -> Pickups -> Effects -> Preamp -> Effects (loop) -> Power Amp -> Speaker

I see most people getting the guitar, pickups, cables, effects…etc they want only to get their tone compromised right at the end of the signal chain (which is the practice amp) - including me :cry:

I believe it is important to get what you want also right at the end of your signal chain.

Let’s get it right; we all buy the amp we want - Hope to see more choice demand and availability here - people buying/selling/trading off their Mesa, VHT, H&K…etc

I was reading harmony central - and people have been playing with all types of 100watters before they found what they want. - This is how serious they are with music!

Maybe it cost too much to get one here - well I negotiating the best deals for everyone

So let’s grow up musically and stop giving excuses like:
1) No money – (you can work for it)
2) Too loud for neighbour, no sound proof room...etc - (there is attenuator and power scaling) – Yes - you can have 100watt in your bedroom – (I have seen Megadeth selling off 2 powerbrakes on eBay before – how do you think they record.)

:D :D :D

I believe there's a device that can turn your half tack into a 30 watt-er.
Any info on these?

I think it will come in handy for the big amps mentioned above when practising at home.

edit: just noticed the powerbrake in your post... get that to reduce the volume of your half stacks...

Some amps came half power switch.
THD have models that have their Hotplate attentuator build in.

I'm probably getting a good ear plugs...
if that doesn't work...
next on my mind is Power Scaling or THD attenuator

Check out the reviews of these product first. The reviews are mixed.

johnny_be_goode said:
I believe it is important to get what you want also right at the end of your signal chain.

Found mine. Speakers and cabs make a hell of a difference! :) Am waiting to toy out more speakers...

In any case, it would be good to try out the budget tube amps, get a sense of what you're going after, move on and try out more expensive stuff. Otherwise we should all be getting Trainwrecks and Dumbles and Komets. :lol:

Ya, besides googling, can always try out budget tube at local stores... :lol:
Would not be as expensive as boutique Dumble.
These are production amps + we will be getting the lowest price possible.

a. H&K
1. jbg (Tri-Amp MKII)

b. engl
1. hydrogencynide

c. Bogner
1. funk

d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas
1. itchy_go (which model)???
3. Rossie (Mk series/RK series)???
4. jbg (Triaxis + Stereo Simul 2:90 + 1X12" Cab (C90 and V30) + 8 Space Rack)

f. vht
1. gjkung (Deliverance)
2. penguin (vht 2502)

h. orange

i. CAA

I will get the quotations once we have 5 order of any brand!

Currently leading are the Mesa and VHT buyers -Please indicate the model you want, the cab and any accessories...etc

Aren't you all getting any cabs?

a. H&K
1. jbg (Tri-Amp MKII)

b. engl
1. hydrogencynide

c. Bogner
1. funk

d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas
1. itchy_go (which model)???
3. Rossie (Mark IV medium head)
4. jbg (Triaxis + 20/20 + 1X12" Cab (2))

f. vht
1. gjkung (Deliverance)
2. penguin (vht 2502)

h. orange

i. CAA

p.1
pronet2006p1.jpg

p.2
pronet2006p2.jpg

p.3
pronet2006p3.jpg

p.4
pronet2006p4.jpg

p.5
pronet2006p5.jpg

p.6
pronet2006p6.jpg

p.7
pronet2006p7.jpg

p.8
pronet2006p8.jpg

omgz. i have the utmost respect for you guys! i see no fender amps being included! by the way, where are you guys ordering the h&k and the other brands listed from?

I think fender amps aren't included because sweelee carries them.

Most of the amps listed here are boutique/high-end amps that are currently too expensive and hard to sell for dealers to bring in.

ah wish i can put my name down for the CAA suhr od 100se but i guess i really must stop spending on gear already. well i guess this is a good first step to the market opening up when pple realise that the most integral part of the sound is the amp. hey jbg, add fuchs to the list. i guess aside from their TDS and ODS models, the rest like the lucky 7 and all those are affordable amps.

jbj...can we include atomic amps in the list..
think this amp suits those that are using modellers..

i would like to get this incase if the VHT poweramps doesnt goes thru..

Yep, I agree with penta-tonic. Apart from the player himself, the amp is the most important part of the sound chain. This is followed by the guitar and subsequently other stuff like cables and pedals.

Now the funny thing is.....how many times have you seen people buy a cheap solid-state amp and later go on to buy tons of pedals to "improve" or "spice up" the amp, so as to sound "tube-like"? I mean...duh! Wouldn't it be better to use all that money (paid for excessive pedals or guitars) to invest in a good quality tube amp? My 2 cents.

:wink:

Back