Anyone wants H&K amps?

hey I sent you a PM not sure if it got through cuz it's still in my outbox.

Btw, don't they sell H&Ks in KL?

how are you going to mass order from different makes?

im interested in orange, in fact im going to HK around jan to check out the rockerverb series.

no dude, just only going to focusing on 1 brand first. See which one got more people interested. If there are numbers, then more brand

Guys, kindly update the list so I can check the price. I can get them to ship loose. So better a few people interested b4 I check with them.

So which one do you all really want? (You can Vote more than 1)

a. H&K
1. jbg

b. engl
1. penguin

c. Bogner
1. funk

d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas
1. itchy_go

f. vht
1. gjkung

h. orange
1. mattleesc

i. CAA
1. RazrAsh

j.

any other suggestions....

even getting 10 people to buy strobostomps at $270 seems to be a big headache already, let alone a container of $6k+ amps.

do you have any idea how many amps it would take to fill a container? that would be more than the entire amp inventory of most shops.

not trying to slag you, jbg, but it seems a little unrealistic.. :?

sure, GAS is GAS, but are you going to start a mass order thread for every item of gear you GAS for? :lol:

I will try to ship loose and not container.

Amp is part of my signal chain. So it is important I get what I want. I believe after a little efforts and googling, people will want one.

At the moment this will provide an education to others and an opportunity to those who desire one. I'm not unrealistic, just optimistic - I believe guitarists here will catch on (This thread will continue.... for as long as I am around....). I want to help more guitarists to own the amp they want at a fraction of the price (if they would have to pay to bring in.) Price and hassle issue will be taken care by me. All it takes is for people to make a decision.

Ultimately, everyone gets want they want and not just dream about it. I'm only trying to make theirs and my dream amp comes thru. Life is short, and I don't die with the regret of not owning a Guitar Amp!

Guys, kindly update the list so I can check the price. I can get them to ship loose. So better a few people interested b4 I check with them.

So which one do you all really want? (You can Vote more than 1)

Update the list (self service)

a. H&K
1. jbg

b. engl
1. penguin

c. Bogner
1. funk

d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas
1. itchy_go

f. vht
1. gjkung

h. orange
1. mattleesc

i. CAA
1. RazrAsh

j.

any other suggestions....

That's a nice gesture, and I do hope you get enough people for mass order. But IMO, it will be difficult, especially in this forum. Unlike The Gear Page.com (where guitarists come from diversed background, and owning boutique amps & guitars are quite common), the majority of people who posted on SOFT are teenagers, students and NS guys. Their budget are pretty limited (unless their daddies are rich!). Some don't even have the funds to buy a decent tube amp, let alone going boutique! As someone mentioned before, most can only GAS and talk about it. If you've noticed, people who posted pics of their PRS, Suhr or other boutique stuff are often labelled as "rich" here. To put it bluntly but honestly, this is a forum where cheap Ibanez and effect pedals take the spotlight.

IMO, if you want people to genuinely order these expensive amps (and not just talk and tell you no money later), it's best to approach working adults who are also ardent musicians (full or part time) or serious hobbyist. Also make sure they don't pull out last minute - a typical S'porean habit (sigh). Hopefully you can find some of these guys in SOFT, but there wouldn't be many around. Anyway, good luck.

:wink:

I have thought about it and come to realise that this is a good move. I admire what johnny_be_goode is doing. I guess it's a way of making people realise the importance of having a good amplifier (by being divest in brand range). If more people notice this, I am pretty confident it would catch on. It's not about being rich, it's about saving up for something you truely love. It's very possible. Creating that list is a start.

i'll be pulling out of this as i dont really have the finances for the amp.
thanks anyway jbg!!

a. H&K
1. jbg

b. engl
1. penguin

c. Bogner
1. funk

d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas
1. itchy_go

f. vht
1. gjkung

h. orange
1. mattleesc

i. CAA

Funk said:
...I guess it's a way of making people realise the importance of having a good amplifier (by being divest in brand range). If more people notice this, I am pretty confident it would catch on....

I agree. The sad part is the availability issue. As these amps are pricey, local retailers wouldn't risk bringing them in, as they assume there are not many buyers. But how will people here know how good these amps sound (or is it a worthwhile investment) if they don't even have the chance to try it out? So it's very much a chicken and egg problem.

I own a 1996 (Sampson-era) Matchless Chieftain, and it sounds really really good. So good that I sold my '59 Fender Bassman Ltd reissue. I believe there's a place for boutique amps in S'pore, and it's just that not many people have gotten around to explore it yet. But becoming aware of it is already a start. Here are some other popular boutiques to include in your list

- Matchless (superb tone and construction, and I can testify!)
- Bad Cat (design by ex-founder of Matchless amp, Mark Sampson)
- Carr
- Conford and Cornell (British boutique)
- Dr Z
- Supro
- Rivera
- Genz Benz
- Fuchs

:smt020

my new interest - VHT :D

a. H&K
1. jbg (Tri-Amp MKII)

b. engl

c. Bogner
1. funk

d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas
1. itchy_go

f. vht
1. gjkung (Deliverance)
2. penguin (vht 2502)
3. jbg (Pittbull)
4. ...

h. orange
1. mattleesc

i. CAA

Hope more ppl will jump on Mesa...

a. H&K
1. jbg (Tri-Amp MKII)

b. engl

c. Bogner
1. funk

d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas
1. itchy_go
2. Triodal(Rectifier Recording Preamp)

f. vht
1. gjkung (Deliverance)
2. penguin (vht 2502)
3. jbg (Pittbull)
4. ...

h. orange
1. mattleesc

i. CAA

:smt035

Opps...
Forget to list myself...

a. H&K
1. jbg (Tri-Amp MKII)

b. engl

c. Bogner
1. funk

d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas
1. itchy_go
3. Rossie (Mk series/RK series)

f. vht
1. gjkung (Deliverance)
2. penguin (vht 2502)
3. jbg (Pittbull)

h. orange
1. mattleesc

i. CAA

a. H&K
1. jbg (Tri-Amp MKII)

b. engl

c. Bogner
1. funk

d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas 1. itchy_go

f. vht
1. gjkung (Deliverance)
2. penguin (vht 2502)
3. jbg (VHT G-2902-S - thinking of going stereo :twisted: )

h. orange
1. mattleesc

i. CAA

a. H&K
1. jbg (Tri-Amp MKII)

b. engl

c. Bogner
1. funk

d. Soldano
1. funk

e. mesas 1. itchy_go

f. vht
1. gjkung (Deliverance)
2. penguin (vht 2502)
3. jbg (VHT G-2902-S - thinking of going stereo Twisted Evil )

h. orange
1. mattleesc (orange rockerverb 50 head)

i. CAA

Back