acoustic nut buzz help !

teoze

hmmmm yeah was playing my acoustic.. and i realised the nut buzz was quite bad when strummed open. like.. out of the sudden.

just wondering if i have to change to whole nut?? and what exactly happened so i can prevent it from happening again.. or anyone encountered the same problem before.. i changed my strings to heavier gauge sometime ago... did the heavier gauge cause the buzzing??? thanks alot !! :D

bring it to geetar tech for them to check out and re setup if having the needs.

Thicker strings, depending on how different it is, to the original strings that came with it and setup for it, will make a difference.

Bacisally the tension of the strings in relation to the neck resistance to the strings pull will change. Lighter gauge, lesser force, heavier gauge, more force for the neck to counter the pull. Result of these is that your neck will have some slight curvature

Another thing is that with thicker strings, it might not be seating properly in the nut slot, thus causing the buzz.

Anyway, in short and brief sentence, changing the stings not only affect just the nut side, it also affect the whole length across the neck where the strings are, till the bridge.

If you wanna geetar tech, search round the forums here, couple names been always mentioned and i believe they can check the instrument for you.

Back