A Suggestion

firethorn

Not sure if this is supposed to go in this thread but it's meant for this thread.

Perhaps can introduce a standardised X out of 5 points rating system which could also then be appended to the title.

Will help one choose which one to read and also help one psychologically to form an opinion on the product as compared to other products.

As in rating the stuff like tone, build, etc with x/5 or something like that?

Because its been done and there's always people unhappy about the ratings. I used to use a rating of x/10 for my reviews but I stopped because of the reason above. Evaluating on tone, build, etc using words would be better because it shows what this particular gear sounds like and who it would appeal to.

Of course reviewers have to be honest and make sure they post all the pros and cons.

the X/5 rating had been implemented before. the 5 here is not a marginal number to work with when scrutinizing a particular product; there should be a more expansive range to work with. my intention of not appending the rating to the title is to initiate a more fitting evaluation by actually reading/ browsing the entire review (the reason why i highlighted key issues in the review entirety).

it's human nature to be dismissive given an initial disclosure on performance; we might end up buying a lesser rated product because it has a certain niche feature.

Hmm.. Very good points.

I had totally forgotten that taste in music is really really diverse.

But perhaps it could be generalised to a point where the taste in music is lessened such as considering something like value for money, size to volume ratio, durability, reliability or even number of inbuilt features when trying to give it a general rating. Something that would give a user an easier time to pick which articles he would like to read for more detail and yet something not as subjective as sound quality.

Purposely omitted stuff such as clarity(or lack thereof) and disposition for overdriving the unit when cranked up because these may be desirable traits. <-- Sound quality

Back