A Custom Made Guitar

eclipze

hi every one
i made my own guitar

body : flower wood.. i dunno whats the name of it... it has a a smooth and solid fiber... on the back of it has an unique flame
neck : 3pc wood... white wood (i dunno the name, white colored wood & nice grain) and mahogany
f board : about 50years old east indian rosewood
Scale : 24,2" like Fender Jaguar but a lil bit longer

1_403237141l.jpg

1_607125262l.jpg

1_393998170l.jpg

look at the flame

1_321705278l.jpg

man there can only fit 4 img on 1 post

and here is the inlay and the neck
inlay made of metallic acrylics

1_108337607l.jpg

1_624172776l.jpg

look at the white wood in the necks..
1_345409723l.jpg

1_598632847l.jpg

this is the neck + fboard which has been inlayed and fret wire installed
i made my own truss rod.. look at the gold truss rod beside the neck

1_270779746l.jpg

1_914158884l.jpg

1_292111562l.jpg

and here the inlay works
1_777878032l.jpg

really nice, you made these yourself??
i dont really dig the headstock design though, but its gonna look awesome!

here
1_224103478l.jpg

man i supposed to choose the flame side as top... i can't see the figured when the wood still in raw chunks shape

Ahhh from Malang, East Java !!

Welcome to Soft.....

Btw looking at the fret work ...is it done yet ?
Rounding em off will be nice!

im Andy Yu
from east java ^^
thanks sonique

wow thanks...
the inlay i cut it from raw metallic acrylics .. when exposed to a light.. it reflect the light ... shine like a metal .. i found this acrylics on my dad's stash :p

it's a stainless steel jumbo fret, its really tough. the fret works hasn't done yet .. still rounding it.. its takes long time, coz its difficult to work on it :-D .. next time when i make another one, i'll try make it a hidden fret end..

if only i lived in singapore.. i would be happy if u try it ..

my PU has just arrived... a gold cover epiphone PU neck and bridge...
and shell paua natural blank .... man its beautiful... can't wait to cut it

Wow, looking at what you had already made, i'm actually more interested to see the tools you have, which made all these possible. :)

i'm using common tools like in the stewmac
oops i didn't take a shot on the tools :p the tools is all over the place, and the machine is big :)
pliers, screwdriver, wood glue , clamping tools , files, a bandsaw, jeweller saw, sand paper, CNC, face milling, drilling machine, Lathe machines, polishing machine, press machine, sanding machine and the rest i dunno the name .. the gold and black potentio knobs there beside the necks on the pic...its a home made too

all of the tools is from my family factory i'm working now (well i'm running my fam's factory)

firstly my dad surprized when i said want to make a guitar ... hahaha when i'm talking 'bout the tools i need.. he said.. we have all that tools.. wow lucky ...i'm workin on it started from september last year.. design, work planning etc and then i'm starting to hunt for wood from last year till now..
.. that time my work schedule is full so don't have time to make it.. and i started to make it in this year

ill take a snapshot of the tools ok ..

Last edited:
Bro nice job. I'm into inlay myself but yours is fantastic. Wish I have a CNC myself, can work wonders!!

Bro nice job. I'm into inlay myself but yours is fantastic. Wish I have a CNC myself, can work wonders!!

thanksss...

hehe..
yes i need it to be precision especially for the fretwire placement ... i think it's brutally important

Anyone can have the same tools, and still not able to achieve what you did.

Apart from the tools, you are really talented in this guitar-making craft.

1_598632847l.jpg

It's beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished masterpiece. Can you rush it? Hahaha, kidding.

If you do take orders, let us know. :)

Back