2009/2010 Championship race: Man Utd or Chelsea?

2009/ 2010 EPL champion will be:

• Man Utd

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
chelsea could have won any team in the world last night... congrats.

But i think that carlos ancelotti was "luckier" than grant n scolari. He managed to inherit a team that's at a better shape, esp after hiddink repaired them. Also he had the co-operation of the players, as compared to the other mgrs after jose. There were less off fields problem except for JT's fling which proved to unite them instead lol. The last few teams had unhappy players in the dressing room. Having anelka around also pushed drogba even harder to prove that he is better. chelsea won fair n square, altho i think the mgr didnt do too much. Rednapp might have won the league earlier lol.

Did man utd's anti glazer campaign distract them?

chelsea won fair n square, altho i think the mgr didnt do too much.

ancelloti introduced a new system which brought the best out of the team. he even managed to pull the team through the difficult acon period where he had to deal without the likes of mikel, kalou, drogba and essien. though he did accomplish his initial goal to win the CL, im pretty sure the PL isnt much less a consolation. however this will season will probably this team's last, if he doesnt start building a new squad then it'll probably be a struggle next season.

i wldnt say it was a difficult period, cuz they had easy games then, n those players weren't playing well at that time. Drogba was off, n it was a time where anelka was smoking hot. Hiddink deserved the praise when he took over from scolari n really changed the fate of the team. He instilled self belief again in the players. I dun see wat carlos added to the squad where u could say its his doing. Nothing compared to wat roy hodgson did at fulham or rednapp at spurs. I mean even looking at teams like everton or villa, u can tell the influence n impact of the mgr in the style n way the team plays their football. Or like how ppl say big sam is a long ball guy.

In that manner, i think the success of chelsea has little to do with this mgr. I believe they cld have won it with almost any other gd mgr. The team is strong in quality n numbers in depth, fandi may have steered them into the champions league finals lol

Ancelotti transformed the team from a defensive, conservative team to an exciting, free-scoring one.
For this, i think he deserves a lot of credit.
Pple forget that this Chelsea side has broken the record for most goals scored in any season. 103!
Also, golden boot and golden glove.

Back