2 things i want to know about pedals

huxleyrittman

ONE: is there a way to alter the vox v847 wah so it's easier to activate? I find it too hard to press down, especially when sitting.

TWO: What exactly to preamp pedals and tube screamer pedals do? just make it louder? :s sorry im a bit of a n00b when it comes to the equipment.

1) I don't know about modding normal wahs, but I can only recommend Morley switchless wahs. They automatically bypass when you let go, and turn on when you move the wah away from heel down position. http://www.morleypedals.com/wahs.html

If not, you can consider angling your wah by raising the back legs so it's easier to use when you're sitting down.

2) Tube Screamers are just a particularly famous flavour of overdrives, with a distinctive mid hump (increased mid range frequencies, or the opposite of "scooped").

Preamp pedals are often nothing to do with the actual preamps in your guitar amp. Most are just overdrive or distortion pedals, but maybe they sound like the distortion of certain preamps. For example, the Xotic BB Preamp is a nice mid-gain overdrive but it cannot actually replace part of your amp. This is different from let's say the EHX 44 Magnum pedal which is power amp in pedal size that can output to a cabinet by itself (so you don't need an amp head).

Last edited:
Just remove the 2 black rubber things at the treadle of the wah. It'll make it much easier to activate the wah, but some people avoid doing that because it becomes easy to accidentally hit the switch off while it's still in use

Back