$2 "pedaltrain nano" pedalboard from daiso :D

Thanks alot for the diagram MightyBoy. I'll visit Daiso to check for these planks. Which Daiso did you get it from though?

Another question, can power supply blocks be installed underneath the boards? Does it provide enough space?

Vivo daiso !
Nope definitively not enough space for the current design as the clearance from the ground is probably 1cm or less.

However you could design something like this

1.jpg

It would be difficult to diy something likethat by using wood but it should be a viable option

I think a easier middle way solution could be to built a larger pedalboard and mount the power supply onto the top of the board directly.

Bro thats brilliant in so many levels !! hahaha saved up like crap for my pt and there you show me smth i could have done a long time ago :)

Bro thats brilliant in so many levels !! hahaha saved up like crap for my pt and there you show me smth i could have done a long time ago :)

Hahah but u get what you pay for la. the pedal train is still an outstanding product that makes a real reliable pedalboard for heavy mileage

I personally use e shark pedalboard which is almost like a pt except that it is made of wood, with a little nodifications I also managed to install a cioks dc8 underneath it. The "daisoboard" won't be replacing tt soon anytime though hahahah but it's a nice little board I can use to hook up pedals not on e main board so I can use them at home etc hahah. Or even for jam sessions where I only need a few pedals.

Well.. I did something similar.. but different!
252233_10151026154020336_76710194_n.jpg

$4 for both the saw and the wooden board. The saw sucks. But it costs $2 so I'm not complaining haha.

601046_10151026154080336_2075770773_n.jpg

Sawed it into half. and used the top part of the other half to fill up the gaps.

Used wood glue to join those parts together. Added some velcro and voila! A pedalboard riser..

181283_10151026154485336_1959359502_n.jpg

582354_10151026154575336_338825165_n.jpg

Needed one cos i kept stepping on the M9 knobs when trying to engage some of the pedals above.. On hindsight.. This design can be improved on. I should've added a wee bit more height.. (Going back to grab another wooden board but just the plain plank one to do so..) or made the bottom angled like the PT is to 'counter' the angle of the PT, which would also make it easier to step on the switches of the pedals on top..

Saw this thread a few weeks back and decided to give it a try.. Went to Daiso and couldnt find the same piece. So i got 2 pieces of the wooden stand, joint it together, sprayed it black, put some velcro on the top and also used a pair of rubber door stoppers at the bottom to elevate it a bit and give it some angle.. Walaaa!

Now anyone know of any decent casing that we can use? Was thinking of getting like those aluminium case...

Last edited:
SVguitars sell a muztek case for <$100.
Big compartment, but inside empty for your boards like these.

Great stuff man. Reminds me if the ikea gorm board idea that's been circulating around for sometime now. Except that it costs just two dollars! :p thumbs up bro!

And Good idea for the riser jms! Will be sure to try tt out.

I use this metal plate to screw both pieces of wood together so its very sturdy. Dont have any support in the middle section but i might consider putting the rubber stoppers there also just in case.. but so far even when i step on it its quite sturdy..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You guys really inspired me. I thought of buying a PT Mini for occasional gigs when I don't want to lug around my PT-2, but the money didn't seem worth it. So I got myself one of these from Daiso measuring 14in by 8.8in. I put velcro on and wala!

daiso.jpg

But the problem then is: how to transport it? Turns out that it fits nicely in the small CNB case that Ty Music sells!

daiso2.jpg

Thanks guys! In total, I spent only $40 on this!

However you could design something like this

1.jpg

It would be difficult to diy something likethat by using wood but it should be a viable option

photo1.jpg

There you go ;)

Some of the custom stuff, I'll be able to throw out. Apart from the standard pedaltrain sizes, etc.

hey dude tts very very impressive man . great job ! how you gonna attach the pedals to the board ?

it seems like you could use cable ties through the holes to secure the pedals apart from using velcro? great idea to have these holes on the board !

You guys really inspired me. I thought of buying a PT Mini for occasional gigs when I don't want to lug around my PT-2, but the money didn't seem worth it. So I got myself one of these from Daiso measuring 14in by 8.8in. I put velcro on and wala!

daiso.jpg

But the problem then is: how to transport it? Turns out that it fits nicely in the small CNB case that Ty Music sells!

daiso2.jpg

Thanks guys! In total, I spent only $40 on this!

where'd the power go?

what is the size of the board u guys bought?

i just bought one and it seems like it's much larger
it is printed 40x23 on the outside. any bag to recommend for this size?

IMG-20120930-WA0004.jpg

hey this looks like a great board for having two tiers of pedals, like top row and bottom row of pedals

it seems like it could fit into a laptop bag from initial inspection but then here are some sizing stats

Macbook pro 15 inch width: 14.35" depth: 9.82"

Dell inspiron 17R W:16.54" depth:10.6"

Daiso pedalboard width: 15.7" depth : 9.06" based on your measurements of 40cm by 23cm

I guess you could find a laptop bag which can fit a 17" screen laptop and that should fit your pedalboard comfortably

If not you can buy cnb hardcase from the likes of tymusic they would have sizes which can accommodate this size

If you come across multieffect bags those should accomodate this comfortably too. Moreover if you decide to switch to multieffects you can use the bag to transport both the analog pedalboard and the multieffect unit

cool, i will check the bags out.

was actually hoping to get the smaller board because of the little amount of pedals i have.

actually i suggest you measure the actual length yourself, it doesnt look like its 40cm length from the photograph.

if you only need one tier maybe you can saw off the top plank and get a nice pedaltrain mini kinda size. would be hard to find a fitting bag for that though. perhaps if u are lucky someone may be selling off a used pedaltrain mini bag to upgrade to the atas mono ones!

- - - Updated - - -

actually i suggest you measure the actual length yourself, it doesnt look like its 40cm length from the photograph.

if you only need one tier maybe you can saw off the top plank and get a nice pedaltrain mini kinda size. would be hard to find a fitting bag for that though. perhaps if u are lucky someone may be selling off a used pedaltrain mini bag to upgrade to the atas mono ones!

Back