$2 "pedaltrain nano" pedalboard from daiso :D

mightyboy88

Photo5-6-12121955AM.jpg

I was thinking about building a cheap pedalboard, similar to a pedaltrain nano size so that i could hook up some of my pedals not on my main pedalboard and create a backup/alternative pedalboard

I took a look at the wooden section at vivocity daiso and i saw this thing going for only $2
Photo4-6-12113851PM.jpg

a pedaltrain nano looking thing right out of the box !!

The daisoboard is made up of 4 wood planks separated by about 6mm and fixed on 3 wooden slits below

I figured that with a little modifications, this cute little shoe rack/flower pot slit or whatever it was intended to be could become a handy little small pedalboard

Photo4-6-12114046PM.jpg

It is important to place rubber feets at the bottom of the board as it will prevent stratching of the floor and preventing the board from sliding around when you stomp away. The additional clearance also makes it possible for daisy chains to run below the board. If taller rubber feets are installed, patch cables should run below the board too.

Photo5-6-12120204AM.jpg

I had some spare unadhesived velcro so i just took some double sided tape to stick the velcro to the board. It didnt work out so well as the double sided tape wasnt strong enough when pedals were attached to the board. I guess i could do better by using a glue gun to bond the velcro to the wood

The separation of the planks doesnt seem sufficient enough for most patch cables to run through it. I believe i might be doing some modifications to the board in the next few days to rectify that

I reckon this project could be a cool addition to CNB pedalcases. Daiso has plenty of wood planks you could purchase and craft out your own pedalboard with respect to the dimensions of your pedalcase

:D

Bravo! What a find! This is just the thing I was looking to build for small sessions.

Laptop bag or small briefcase. If you can wait sometime this month Mono is releasing bags corresponding to Pedaltrain sizes.

Wow mono pedalbag looks real sweet. But i suppose a laptop bag should suffice. Or a small bagpack with some padding could be even better :D

Wow, this is great! Thanks for sharing. Does Daiso have bigger sized planks? I would need something slightly bigger than a nano.

Wow, this is great! Thanks for sharing. Does Daiso have bigger sized planks? I would need something slightly bigger than a nano.

Im afraid for a right out of the shelve "pedalboard" this is the only size i saw.

However they do sell wooden planks with the width of roughly 2 inches and about 60cm long. You could probably get about 2 of those planks and custom make a simple pedalboard(based on the pedaltrain design) with the desired size you require.

However do note that the pedaltrain anchors the entire weight of the pedalboard on the 4 main corners and it is able to hold up as it is using welded aluminium. For a wooden pedalboard i believe at least 9 anchorpoints are required

Portrait View
daisotrain2.jpg

Bottom View
daisotrain.jpg

I did a little graphic simulation to describe the 9 anchorpoint thing i was refering to. If u wanna have more3 features like having a power supply mounted beneath etc then u probably need to modify the design :D hope it helps

I just purchases this yesterday! The one that you initially posted and the smaller one! I figured to make different type of pedals for different mood of music. It will be a great $4 project!

I just purchases this yesterday! The one that you initially posted and the smaller one! I figured to make different type of pedals for different mood of music. It will be a great $4 project!

wow tts great hahah, do remember to get some rubber feet to avoid scratching the floor and to increase the elevation for wires to run below the board. The gaps between the planks may be too narrow for wires to pass through so you may have to file away some wood at certain places to allow wires to pass through :D

Thanks alot for the diagram MightyBoy. I'll visit Daiso to check for these planks. Which Daiso did you get it from though?

Another question, can power supply blocks be installed underneath the boards? Does it provide enough space?

Last edited:
Back