WTS: Melancon Black Limba Classic T (Telecaster) - SGD3,200

ceadsearc

I'm listing for sale my Melancon Classic Artist T (Telecaster style) Serial Number 1873. It's got a chambered black limba body, with a maple neck and East Indian rosewood fretboard.

melancon_classic_artist_t_black_limba_1505785460_82abfd23.jpg

I installed a Zhangbucker T-bucker (Alnico 3) with the splat option in the neck position, which gives delicious flutey tones full of sweet harmonic overtones. The original Melancon neck humbucker is available too if you're interested (it's a brighter Alnico A5 sound).

The bridge is the Melancon Blues PAF humbucker (Alnico A5) which is great as well.

The middle pickup is Melancon's Blues Single Coil which produces great stratty in-between tones in the 2 and 4 positions - all of the usual strat quack (with a bit of the upper mids hollowness which makes the 2 and 4 positions a sonic delight) are there as well. So you basically have a tele AND a strat all in one superb easy-to-play instrument. It sounds superb, with lots of harmonic overtones. Seriously, why am I selling it?

melancon_classic_artist_t_black_limba_1505785461_5c34d122.jpg

Anyway, the specifications:

Body wood: Black limba
Neck wood: Maple neck
Fretboard: East Indian rosewood
Nut width: 1.6875
Neck depth: 0.81 to 0.87
Fretboard Radius: 12"
Stainless steel frets
Bridge: Hardtail

melancon_classic_artist_t_black_limba_1505785461_fe278be0.jpg
There are a couple of dings on the guitar but nothing too severe. I will send the images to you on request. Gerard Melancon is truly a master of his craft, highly reviewed on TheGearPage.

Asking: SGD3,200

melancon_classic_artist_t_black_limba_1505785461_92fad87f.jpg

Latest posts

Back