Would you go for EFX AMP or NON EFX AMP?????

I heard of Peavey Blazer 158. Clueless how much it cost? Will check it out from Swee Lee sometimes.

Will check out Marshall MG-15 too...

As for Kustom AMP, till today. Cant seems to get a hold of it in Sg.
There is only one main distributor in KL.

Anyway, thanks for the inputs. :rolleyes:

spikes said:
haha. uoi might wanna consider these few amps... the peavy blazer 158, my most recomanded...really nice clean sound, and clean distortion too... other than clean distortion the rest is really great... marshall MG-15, or the mini stack, either you like it or you dont... the KUSTOM 15 tube amp, never tried one, but i heard the sound when plugged into a squire telecaster... it didn't sound bad at all...

Will give it a thought!!!! :smt025
thanks
Mr_X said:
if u have the money to get one efx, then by all means, usually cheaper than having all the pedals one by one. however i feel that having OD or DS on the amp will do enough. gives u more time before u get urself a distortion pedal.

Never heard of Smarvo. Is this thing durable?
Anyway... its good to test it out myself.. hee hee.

cheers.. :smt069

redjackal said:
how about smarvo?
it's really budget.
however when u need effects, yeah u gotta get one pedal.

mayb get a cheap multi effects and explore all the different stuff in there first.

:smt023 Thanks

subversion said:
you should invest in an amp that you like to hear, makes you enjoy playing & won't cost you a bomb regardless if there's an on-board FX offering/ tubes/ whatever.

Well, i recommend Roland Cube 15. My previous amp. Im using a marshall now.

Its got 4 inbuilt effects, OD, Dist, Metal, metal stack.

You can go give it a try. Its a good amp when playing around with effects.

Sold it cause i wanted something bigger =P

hope you are going to write more gears review on Amp.

Smarvo, should be a good one. If you happen to write one
on smarvo i will be the first to read.. :lol: At least by then,
i will know what to look for when testing out the amp. :wink:

subversion said:
the SMARVO non-tube units are value-for-$$ amps, you can get a 2X12 combo for $less than $450...

Heard quite a fair bit on this amp. Will really have to hear it for myself and
see what is so great about this amp. cheeers

Newbie said:
Well, i recommend Roland Cube 15. My previous amp. Im using a marshall now.

Its got 4 inbuilt effects, OD, Dist, Metal, metal stack.

You can go give it a try. Its a good amp when playing around with effects.

Sold it cause i wanted something bigger =P

you can get KUSTOMS at sim lim square 3rd floor around the corner... for those who wants something BIG, the have a couple units of mesas there the last time i went...

Someone told me this before. It was like month back, unable to find it. May be i will give it another try..... SIM LIM Square 3rd floor. Thanks for the info.

spikes said:
you can get KUSTOMS at sim lim square 3rd floor around the corner... for those who wants something BIG, the have a couple units of mesas there the last time i went...

go up the 3rd floor escalater, turn left and walk straight to the corner then turn right... walk all the way straight and you'll be greeted by an american standard stratocaster...

gotcha... thanks.

spikes said:
go up the 3rd floor escalater, turn left and walk straight to the corner then turn right... walk all the way straight and you'll be greeted by an american standard stratocaster...

I prefer amps without multi efx ....~
drive and reverb would do for me ~

But most of the amps, i've come across, with multi-fx onboard, tend to have a compression unit built in .... so ... depends on whether you like it ... ~

One example is my Fender Bullet Reverb...
very simple and humble small amp with a drive switch and reverb....
sounds great on clean ~!
but when i on the drive ... there appears to be inbuilt compression ...
which in a way is good ... especially for solidstate amps ....
but .... i dun really like it ....~

but dat's coz i have all my moded pedals~
i like the reverb though ~

Latest posts

Back