which way is the best for picking?

handynas

just want to know your preference on picking, do you rest your right hand pinky on the pick guard to provide a pivoting point while doing speed picking or hovers your right hand over the strings.

wanna know which is a better technique for picking, I personnally need to rest my pinky on the guitar as a form of support and referencing point.
icon_wink.gif

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

On 2003-07-04 09:10, subversion wrote:

depends- sometimes i do that too. most of the time, it´s at the bridge area damping the strings.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I don´t rest my palm on the bridge because it will severely reduce my speed, I only do that when wanting to create a muffling effect

yup that´s what i do too- to muffle/ dampen/ chug. it´s all about palm placement. try to use your picking hand´s palm to control nwanted noises from idle strings. i used to find this difficult but now it´s a norm. i can´t place my picking hand too far away from the strings, i´m using it as a muting tool. i guess it´s sheer personal technique/ peculiarity

Latest posts

Back