Which should i get? [LINE 6 POD HD500 vs BOSS GT-100]

Hei

read through forums, went through all the reviews, heard it from youtube.. but still can't decide, hope that through this forum someone can help me with it before i make a decision.

my needs?
direct line in recording into pc, really thats all, the most i'll be doing is recording from my bedroom with or without an amp is fine.
sounds mostly needed would be distortion, overdrive, nice clean acoustic like tone, and maybe a bit of chorus, other effects can be taken into consideration.

my sounds?
Gazette, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Bon Jovi, a bit of jrock here and there.
Previously used an Line 6 toneport, tweaked the preset of "Welcome to the Jungle" and that was my lead tone.

I know that i have other options out the (such as the Zoom G9.2tt or Fender Mustang Floor), but really i think i've narrowed it down to these 2.

will be playing with an Tokai LP ALC60l with stock parts, so i think.. that sums it all.

so anyone can help me justify my decision? to be honest i'm slightly more keen to get the HD500, but the GT-100 might be better for my needs considering that i need mostly overdrive/distortion/lead and all that, thats what i've found out through my reading.. so a lil help here? :(

I'm a Line 6 user, so my heart says HD500. To be honest, i've not heard either of these 2 multi-efx in action, but from what i know, Line 6 has always been more user-friendly. Tweakability-wise, both should be about equal. Quality of efx, i think both are about equal too. So then, i believe the only sticking point for you might be cost. Hope i provided some perspective :)

i owned a gt-10 before and now im using the hd500. the hd500 is much much better when it comes to amp simulation i feel

there are some stellar effects in the boss gt-series such as the delays and choruses but i find myself liking the effects in the hd500 more in general, especially the octo reverb and the delays

In terms of built construction, i think the gt-100 should be more road worthy but the hd500 is also very ruggedly built. I pair it up with a hardcase with a cushy interior and it has been good to go so far

I think line6 has much better support when it comes to software updates too. the hd series has had many updates since its release and that often comes with new effects and amp models !!

Back