Which Guitar has the thinnest neck?????

leecs

Hi softies,
Does any of you guys know which Ibanez RG has the thinnest neck? I have a JS1000, which is 20mm on the 1st fret & 23 on 12 fret. (i think), whereas my EBMM JP has 17mm on 1st fret & 19mm on 12 fret (i think). Are there any other RGs have thinner necks than EBMM JP???? Im thinking of selling my JS1000.

Why would you want to sell your JS? Its got a really great neck IMO.... but of course, preference wise...

The Ibanez Super Wizard neck is 17mm on 1st fret. But no longer made.

Refer to www.ibanez.com, the USA site. They would have measurements there... if i am not wrong, at work, can't really surf :)

Oh, does your JS1000 have a chrome lo pro edge? ;)

The JS is a very good guitar, i can't deny. but its the floyd rose bridge that is making me headache. I bought it last year. Since then, i've brought it to a luthier everytime i restring. Because i can't keep it in tune everytime. Factory strings are 9-42. The 1st time i brought to a luthier, i changed it to 10-46 (my preference), It was a good setup. subsequently, when i change strings, i can't keep it in tune anymore, so i would bring it to the luthier everytime i change strings. I admit i don know how to tune a lo pro edge & i seldom use the whammy. By the way, my JS colour is Burnt Blue & the lo pro edge is not chrome. its .................kinda black but the colour has faded abit.

its a cosmo finish on that trem.

Dude, like what you said, its a good guitar. And the trem would stay in tuned even under the toughest whammy abuse.

Do reconsider carefully, the JS will have a very different tonality when compared to the JP, in fact, more versatile dude to the pup choices and the coil split plus hi pass filter.

I can teach you how to tune up the Edge. Will you be available to drop by my place in Tampines? FOC of course.

:twisted: Are you sure? That would be great!!!!! :D When are you free? Should i bring my guitar along? Which part of tampines? MAybe i should tell you that im a JP fanatic. I've changed the pickups in my JS to Air Norton & Steve's Special & i switch the volume & pickup selector around.

Aiyah, yes I'm sure. Just hop on. :) And say, dinner? ;)

I live near to Tampines Mart, which is next to Ngee Ang Sec Sch and quite near to Tampines JC.

PM me lah. Lets exchange Hp numbers.

Heheh... do you still have the original Dimarzios? Even still, with the coil tap, it will outshine the JP... plus the 22 frets make the neck pup sound sweeter... and the trem kills. The JP is a nice rock/metal axe still... but thats all it will do...

Actually, the high pass filter should not make any tonal difference when ur vol knob is not turned down. And it's a simple mod if ur guitar doesn't already have it. Just stick a low rating capacitor in parallel to ur vol pot. Simple passive circuitry.

Anyway, if possible try the guitar out before forking our $$ out. A thin neck doesn't necessarily mean it's easier to play. Might even prove to be uncomfortable if it's too thin, the profile/shape is just as important to playability :mrgreen:

Fretless 6:
Hi man! Its not the neck that im bothering. It's that stupid lo Pro Edge that's bothering me. Since i don't know how to tune it, I wasted $$ everytime just to tune the guitar. :wink:

ShredCow:
Hi mate, i've PM you just now. Hope you can PM me ASAP. Thanks.

fyi, the 2005 ibanez super wizrd necks have become thicker, the older necks were 17mm at 1st fret and 19mm at 12th fret, they now sport an extra mm, to me i find this quite a difference in mass, not really to my liking, and yes i can feel the difference, it doesn't feel as thin compared to the older guitars

anw i saw the diff in specs on the website, and compared the necks of a 2002 rg 620 and a 2005 rg 2570

if you like your JS model but prefer a fixed bridge, the JS 2000 is one to check out 8)

JS 2000 (featuring the FX Edge bridge)
img10401181526.jpeg

tany said:
is the JS modelled after the S series?

nope. the JS is modelled after Ibanez's doscontinued Radius series. what's the diff between the 2 models? the S series is twin tapered at the edges, ie, it's thin on both the bass & treble sides. the Radius on the other hand, is only tapered on the bass side.

Ibanez Radius Series
bo2.jpg

leecs said:
Hi softies,
Does any of you guys know which Ibanez RG has the thinnest neck? I have a JS1000, which is 20mm on the 1st fret & 23 on 12 fret. (i think), whereas my EBMM JP has 17mm on 1st fret & 19mm on 12 fret (i think). Are there any other RGs have thinner necks than EBMM JP???? Im thinking of selling my JS1000.

yo ...
i own a JS1000 too ..it is a great guitar ...
hmm... u have the EBMM JP .. I had wanted to get one too ..but after customization...the price is really too much ... but I have played the EBMM JP ... all I can say is that the guitar feels like it is glued to my body and I feel very comfortable with it ...

leecs said:
Fretless 6:
Hi man! Its not the neck that im bothering. It's that stupid lo Pro Edge that's bothering me. Since i don't know how to tune it, I wasted $$ everytime just to tune the guitar. :wink:

Haha in that case, ur thread topic is so wrong...

subversion said:
tany said:
is the JS modelled after the S series?

nope. the JS is modelled after Ibanez's doscontinued Radius series. what's the diff between the 2 models? the S series is twin tapered at the edges, ie, it's thin on both the bass & treble sides. the Radius on the other hand, is only tapered on the bass side.

Ibanez Radius Series
bo2.jpg

ah... S series is like my favourite pizza, thin and crispy. Yummy.

Back