Where's the bEST pLACE TO iNSTALL pICKUPS?

reasonable price if u had a reasonable request ... :lol:

Guitar Connection, Davis, Luthier ... they all at Excelsior Basement ... u can check them out.

place

Ok I am bored so I decided to post an idiot answer

The best place to install pickups.....

usually on the body of the guitar where its behind the strings. BWAH.....

thanks guys..i wasnt bored when i posted this anywayz..its just i wanna install two humbuckers thats all. simple job for those who know.

Davis @ $25 for 1 pup, $30 for 2/3 pups

The wiring is very neatly done and the wiring service is honest. There was once, I brought my guitar down to change my Ibanez 5-way SC-switch (which is a unique 5-way switch for H-H config, no other 5-way short of a 4-pole 5-way can do the H-H wiring that the 2-pole SC-Switch can do) to a gotoh 5-way. At the end of it, the humble technician who did the wiring for me told me that he didn't know how to wire the ibanez H-H wiring to the gotoh 5-way without losing some tone (+1039214 points) AND he gave me 3, yes THREE, other switches he used to try and wire. They were all used so he couldn't sell them off. (+934987439 point). Then he told me, he reused the switch and cleaned the contacts.. said the switch isn't going to last long but there's nothing he can do without getting the same Ibanez switch.

I mean, that guy convinced me to return to Davis for all my wiring works.

oh you must be rich la to pay someone to install pickup. :eek:

Read some web pages and go DIY!

and the correct answer to where to install pickups? In Vvccumm chamber with zero gravity. Dust in solder will ruin yur tone. :wink:

LimpPisskit said:
oh you must be rich la to pay someone to install pickup. :eek:

Read some web pages and go DIY!

and the correct answer to where to install pickups? In Vvccumm chamber with zero gravity. Dust in solder will ruin yur tone. :wink:

it's not about rich or not.

To install a pickup, you need to have:
- basic knowledge of wiring.
- basic skill of soldering
- a set proper tool (solder, plier, screwdriver, etc)

If one don't have all the above, and If it's gonna be a one time change, it's more worth to give the job to proper technician. (not to mention that you could scratch your precious guitar due to improper handling during the work since you are not experience to do that)

Case will be different if you have a pile of pickups and I want to keep installing/uninstalling.

OK la.....yur money. But like the dark side sucks U in, once you change a pup.....you will never be satisfied and will be changing pups for the rest of your natural playing life so maybe betta 2 learn now. :lol:

To install a pickup, you need to have:
- basic knowledge of wiring.
No Ele Eng PhD required. There are 4 wires...MAX! Sometime only 2! de-solder one wire, solder new wire in same place. Done!
- basic skill of soldering
You can use hot knives :wink: , hot nail, hot fork....
1 swiss army knife can et the job done 8)

LimpPisskit said:
1 swiss army knife can et the job done 8)

Sound stupid to me if i have to buy $50 swiss army knife and $15 lousy solder just to install a pickup while paying a technician only cost me $25.

doods

Is this one of those things again? chill out lah.

Let the boy decide on his own what to do with his guitar.... he is asking which place is the best place not to decide on his life...

So bigrock... ahem.... my advice is just to make sure he gives u at least a months warranty after fixing, or more the merrier lah.

Sound stupid to me if i have to buy $50 swiss army knife and $15 lousy solder just to install a pickup while paying a technician only cost me $25.

give a man $25 to pay tech to change his pickup....he happy for 1 day.
teach a man to change pickup .....he happy for rest of his life :p

Is this one of those things again? chill out lah.
Oh it's just fun....hope no one take 2 serious.....besides how can you argue with someone that thinks a swiss army knife is only good for changing pickups! :lol:

second davis guit tech joe.. he rewired my guit foc when i went back unhappy with the way the coilsplit was done.. redid it at top speed too... and this was for free installation after buying e sd's hor.. good service.

LutherMusic, yeah, they install for u.. Reasonable pricing.. $20 for 1st pu and $10 for 2nd n 3rd

rt

Yeah Go to LUTHER MUSIC look for Zack or RUL" Zack Wylde "Rocker

they do good installation n stuff or even more ( base on request ) ..hehehege :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

a bunch of nice n goofy guys too.

Back