where to buy pinewood locally

whitetele

Helping my nephew his project guitar for design and technology course in school. Anybody knows where to get Good quality solid pinewood locally? Need it big enough for a guitar body.

Nah school's don't supply THAT big a board.

Few of the softies here know where to get it....good luck bro

theres several shops along kelantan lane. you could check them out but i dont think it'll be easy to find. the woods i see in the shops all look like the asian varieties...

Helping my nephew his project guitar for design and technology course in school. Anybody knows where to get Good quality solid pinewood locally? Need it big enough for a guitar body.

waa build guitar for D n t project? your nephew sounds scary but for a school project weew nice :D

haha ikea has lots of blanks for selves and stuff, should check it out...but if cannot find the last resort would be buying a pine table and chop it up..i think can make up to 3 guitars with that...

haha ikea has lots of blanks for selves and stuff, should check it out...but if cannot find the last resort would be buying a pine table and chop it up..i think can make up to 3 guitars with that...

tis idea is crazy. i like.

ikea fans: ikea only got chipboard with pine veneers.

From what i know, the pinewood available here is plywood, not solid wood...
And making a guitar for D&T, is he making it for 'O' levels/'N' levels or for fun???

ya loh ikea. your nephew is so gonna score an A in this project man.
all the best.

thanks hopes so Not so much abt results but hopes he can appreciate building a guitar which something he likes from scratch.

he want to build a 25.5 scale flying V with 3 single coils, trem.. somting like a strat V hybrid.

And I do think he should make full use of school facilities. ;p

haha. yes absolutely. Hmm, some of the ikea tables are pinewood. I can't remember the model though. I assisted a pal in doing his DNT project. In similar vein, it was a strat style with a metal body (the outline) kinda like a metal binding except it covered the whole top. and then wood in the center inside the "binding"

was pretty cool.

or u can use jelutong also..although its quite soft...an american luthier used it and charged a BOMB for it...and from what i rmb, jelutong is actually quite cheap...plus its suppose to a be a 'good' tone wood..

haha and i liek the idea of the strat/v hybrid...malmsteen has one liek that.

Back