What is it about Gibson guitars?

How abt a D'Angelico?

exs-1dh_01.jpg

http://www.dangelicoguitars.com/

Schweet-looking and bloody expensive...

Or a James Tyler?

Classic-candy-lemon-full.jpg

http://www.tylerguitars.com/

Can these be considered as the Rolls Royce of guitars?

17wil said:
why does everybody like them? especially the Les Paul and the SG?
I personally do not like the company itself , but I do like LP shaped guitars.If i get one it would be a copy rather thn from Gibson.

17wil said:
my fren said les paul guitars are way 'better' than the others?

you have to put the comparison in context. people keep comparing the LP with other bolt-on guitars, which is the incorrect thing to do. they'd say that the LP would sound much better but in any case, it's about liking what you hear, not that it sounds better per se.

What is it about Gibson guitars?

Its that cheap marketing gimmick they use - "Only a Gibson is good enough"

LOL. Go figure.

Hmm

Gibson is definitely a classy brand to own, somewhat comparable to Louis Vuitton & the likes.

My personal pick is the Zakk Wylde Gibson Les Paul Custom Bullseye. I love the brand, the shape & the sound. Its the kinda Les Paul with Attitude (& EMG-H4)!!

17wil said:
my fren said les paul guitars are way 'better' than the others?

LOL. If there was a guitar shape that was better than others, all guitars will be made of that shape. How old is your friend?

My personal pick is the Zakk Wylde Gibson Les Paul Custom Bullseye. I love the brand, the shape & the sound. Its the kinda Les Paul with Attitude (& EMG-H4)!!

I don't mean any offence to you, but somehow i dislike that guitar... because in the local context, it's most recognized on the lousiest excuse for a rocker.

(btw zakk uses 81/85, not HZs, so i dunno whats with epiphone putting em in his sig axe)

I will never buy a brand new gibson guitar, their QC is declining. I'd stick to 2nd hand Gibson axes if for some reason, i decided to buy em.

if there's any gibson models i'll take the only ones are les paul standard, les paul classic and 56 goldtop with p90s. :p

well, in all, there is really nothing much about gibson guitars, ibanez, fenders are just as good as the gibsons, its just that gibson is slightly overpriced thats all...

But somehow Gibson guitar sure is appealing... me craving to try a LP ultra but it is of the Epiphone brand name...

Gibson/Epi

Maybe I would want a Gibson LP Custom Goldtop & I'll be satisfied. So far the only LPs that has floyd rose installed in em' is the Epiphone Gothic series. I love it man, but no $$..

neuro, theres some gibson signature models that have floyd roses installed if i remembered correctly from the gibson website...

yar i'm talking about the les pauls, i saw it on there once, a floyd ros les paul for some signature model guy...

Although this may not be related to topic, I've always believed its the player behind it, NEVER the instrument.

Thanks ;)

though not a gibson , but its still a les paul.
Sugizo's les paul from ESP. With floyd rose bridge and in single coils. Looks cool. Sounds cool like the cool rails on it. That's the first time i saw a les paul with floyd rose, before i even saw the gothic series. and my, sugizo's signature r real beautiful.

Back