What is it about Gibson guitars?

well, i'm not included in that 'everybody'. i don't fancy a Gibson but i do own one (SG). it's a personal preference.

sometimes on the gibson site, you'll see the warning 'beware of flying panties', so thats one good way to pickup girls...

17wil said:
why does everybody like them? especially the Les Paul and the SG?

same question we can ask (note I don't use word "everybody") :
Why do people like FENDER?
Why do people like IBANEZ?

Anyway if someone kind enough to buy me a guitar, gibson les paul is not my choice.

not way better, its about personnel preference, and what type of music you play, like fender, excellent for funky music, and gibsons, great for jazz... even though i'm not much of a jazz player and TOTALLY suck at it... some people choose gibsons as their main guitar cause of the music they play, like jazz, blues, rock, metal...

the only gibson model i like are the les pauls....to me the rest are simply hideous..but then again its just IMO. :p

yah i think Gibson makes the most expensive guitars in the world...just compare the prices on musiciansfriend...between a Fender Strat Standard and a Gibson LP Standard

A Fender Strat Standard is like only USD 350 because it's Mexican.
I think an American Strat is still cheaper and IMO, better.
But Gibson, is definately not the most expensive guitars in the world lah...

spikes said:
not way better, its about personnel preference, and what type of music you play, like fender, excellent for funky music, and gibsons, great for jazz... even though i'm not much of a jazz player and TOTALLY suck at it... some people choose gibsons as their main guitar cause of the music they play, like jazz, blues, rock, metal...

got pple play jazz with ibanez solidbody one leh...correct anot shredcow?

its just personal preference like personally i love PRS way over Gibson...

but both brand produced some of the worlds top quality guitars...

so...its really just personal preference....

eh... I don't love the looks of the guitar more than the brand... hehe... I like to have a Gibson too but I don't have the skills to make it sound good neither do I have the cash to burnt... :lol:

Its also the players that play them make gibsons attractive

Les pauls - Slash, Jimmy Page....
SGs - Angus Young

let us not forget zakk wylde and the late randy rhoads who made their les pauls scream harder,louder and badder than anyone else that ever owned an axe of the same make. :lol:

yeah, there are some who does jazz with fender strats and ibanez SA series, on such good example would be the guitarist of spyro gyra...

i think the genre comes from the player. Not his equipment. Lespauls have a very classy look ... always associated with rock stars.. the glam. Its little wonder why most ppl will want one.

It all boils down to personal preference. Once a guitar manufacturer establishes itself as a high-quality guitar churning company, everything else depends on marketing, brand-image, the artists the company endorses and its influence on the public. ( if you adore slash, you'll prob want a gib lp and so on... )

Each of the big guns (Gibson, PRS, Fender ...) is in its own way, an established company that manufactures top quality products. It isn't any better compared to each other than you percieve it to be. If there's a superior brand, then wouldn't everyone be using it?

Its like comparing (here we go again?) Ferraris with Lamborgs with Zondas etc, if you like the guitar, love to play it, worships the stand it sits on, then you should buy the guitar. I think this is a better way of making a decision than wreaking your brains over which guitars are better...

Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back