what ibanez to buy ?

Hydesg

with a budget of 1.5k?

rg prestige series

any idea how much does the 2000/3000/1000 series cost?

I'm not sure of the RG series, why not take a look at Ibanez webside first. I'm a fan of the PGM301 which is around your price range.

with that kinda budget, i'd say hold on till the next 2005 Ibanez shipment (tentatively May-June '05). there are some very good stuff for keen ibanez fans... i'm doing just that... 8)

is de RGA series gonna reach our shores? cos my friend is damn interested to get one. maybe ill save up for one myself. always wanted a rg without de floyd rose hassle. :D

in my opinion, there are 2 RGs worth checking out this 2005, the RGA & RGT42 FX. both are fixed bridge units with very little hassle & loads of tone...

certain parties are still checking out if these will make it here on my behalf. keep your fingers crossed... 8)

RGA
RGA321FSPB.jpg

RGT42FX
RGT42DXFXBKF.jpg

With 1.5 K, you can get 2550/2570/2620 RGs.

I doubt that you can get 3000 series. 1500 series RG are not so bad too.
If you can get one, let me know:)

Ibanez are at very reasonable prices in last year-end sale at Swee Lee.
Not sure are they doing mid year sales.
If you can catch this kind of event, you can get a lot of nice stuffs.

One axe I noticed was Jem 7VSBL selling at 2500 S$ or something around there.
List price is 4200 S$.

What is the problem wiith Floyd Rose?
Yes it is a pain for new users but you will get use to it after a while.
Personally I like the locking systems. You rape your guitar for uncountable times and stay in tune.

there's absolutely nothing wrong with floating vibrato units, just that some of us like the fixed bridge also...

haha how very true sub..anyways saw two new ibanez's at sweelee today..you might wanna check them out...new 2005 model SZ320 in shoreline gold..not really into the colour, but it feels good..and i wonder how the duncan/ibanez pickups sound..the other is a RG320FM with INF3 and INF4 pickups...no other new ibanez though..quite disappointed..

check out Gear News 2005 to see which Ibanez models made it here on the first shipment 8)

Shoreline Gold is a trademark finish of Fender, Ibanez simply uses the 'GD' (gold top) reference...

who w3ere the right sales person?

which place would be better to buy the gears?
sweelee brash brasah or sims drive

well that would depend on who you know in which branch i guess..i feel that generally the atmosphere and staff at bras basah is friendlier than at sims..just feel that way...

subversion said:
in my opinion, there are 2 RGs worth checking out this 2005, the RGA & RGT42 FX. both are fixed bridge units with very little hassle & loads of tone...

certain parties are still checking out if these will make it here on my behalf. keep your fingers crossed... 8)

RGA
RGA321FSPB.jpg

RGT42FX
RGT42DXFXBKF.jpg

The RGA might not be cheap. I think it would be in the 2K+ range.

+1 to JEM007's statement: i'd drop by bras basah to enquire, even if they don't have it on display...

Speculation: The RGA models might not be $2K, i'd say it can be had for less. this is an inference to the Prestige SZ1220 (discontinued) which is set neck + no vibrato bridge + maple top all for less than $2K (list).

Latest posts

Back